Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 2004 Halloween-L DVD just before I went to Florida. Damn, some of the displays on there are mind-blowing. Most notably the entries from DC Studios, Hallowed Haunting Grounds (in CA), The Hedstrom's and Fox Haunt were the best of the lot (as usual).

Anyone interested in seeing this stuff should check out the DVD. It's a great source for ideas. I know it's inspired quite a few of mine.

You can get this 5 disc set here. Big thanks to the Propmaster for putting in so much time into this project every year.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was unable to secure a camera to record video last year, so I have no entry on the DVD. :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
I Can Not Wait!!!!!

I can't wait to get my DVDs!!! Sadly, I will not be getting them untill april 28th! :mad: I have no video on this set, but I am planing on it this year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have got my set :) I seen the Halloween Haunting Grounds video, AMAZING! I have only watched disk one and am looking forward to watch all of the others, but I have no time. Has anyone watched theres yet? have u saw the Halloween Haunting Grounds video? In there video there is some head looking things that suddenly smile and open there eyes. Has anyone made these?

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe they do that by with some kind of a projector shooting the different patterns onto some kind of foam head. Very nice effect. For years the Hallowed Haunting Grounds haven't submitted video and I've wondered why, so it's really nice to finally see video from them.

I'd look on the Monster List to see if there's any kind of how to available, or else you could e-mail the Hallowed Haunting Grounds and ask them how they did it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dang...couldn't resist...mines on the way too...thank god y'all aren't heroin addicts, apparently I'm very easily influenced :googly:
just what I need more ideas running through my head with so little time...

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
We went to watch them again last night and couldn't find them!!!! Talk about withdrawal.............

·
Registered
214 Posts
link doesn't work and I'd love to see these for myself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Zombie-F said:
I got my 2004 Halloween-L DVD just before I went to Florida. Damn, some of the displays on there are mind-blowing. Most notably the entries from DC Studios, Hallowed Haunting Grounds (in CA), The Hedstrom's and Fox Haunt were the best of the lot (as usual).

Anyone interested in seeing this stuff should check out the DVD. It's a great source for ideas. I know it's inspired quite a few of mine.

You can get this 5 disc set here. Big thanks to the Propmaster for putting in so much time into this project every year.
Zombie,

This 2004 Halloween-L DVD... the Hallowed Haunting Grounds is in it? About how long is the video of that show? Were all of the props included in the video and how was the lighting? This show, the Hallowed Haunting Grounds, is very dark and it's hard to photograph and/or film it. I was a regular visitor of it since 1994.

Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I believe there video was about 5 mins. The quality isn't too great, as the editor of the video turned up the brightness way too hign and had the contrast way too low.

As for how many of the props they show, I have no idea. I've never been there. Maybe one of our members who lives closer and has visited could shed a little light on that for you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts