Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, what treats is everyone giving away this year? In anticipation of my haunts audience tripling (thanks to the newspaper article), I have stuffed 144 treat bags with the following:
  • 1 Glow bracelet
  • 1 Skull whistle
  • 1 Glow-in-the-dark super ball
  • 1 Set of plastic vampire teeth
  • 1 Chocolate Jack O' Lantern coin
  • 1 Plastic bat ring

I'm also going to add to that one or two pieces of candy. Thanks to eBay and group buys, I got all of that stuff for cheap money.

What's everyone else handing out this year?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
We don't do the treat bags. I couldn't imagine stuffing enough of them for 500visitors.
We hand out Chips and juice boxes.

I'm starting to pick them up as I see them on sale in the stores now that school is back.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Since a big crowd for us would be over 30 TOTers, we were planning on making up about 50 goodie bags this year. After weighing some options and looking at the new Oriental Trading catalogue, I saw that they have little cardboard "treasure chests" already packed with about 18 pieces of candy apiece for sale. I'll add a skull whistle to each one and that should be a pretty gracious treat for the older kids. All things considered, I'd be spending a little less doing it this way and they would end up with more candy, a toy and a cool little container. I'm going to do about a dozen gift bags for smaller TOTers with safety suckers, crayons, a skeleton straw, and a pirate rubber duckie in each. For TOTers with exceptional costumes, I'm going to have a couple of larger treat bags on hand with a skull bank (another group buy goodie!) included.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
I want to buy a few of those Halloween teddy bear at Oriental Trading for the little little kids. You know the ones that need help to the door. For that, I give them tiny bear.

·
Master of Scaremonies
12,932 Posts
grapegrl - your bags sound great - i want one! :devil:

and DT i like the idea of giving the little ones something extra. that's really cool. last year i gave the smaller ones something extra like a coloring book or a small toy.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have spiders, snakes, lizards and assorted bugs the kids can choose from, I got them from Kipp Brothers and they were much more realistic than any from Oriental T. so I went with them this year. I also have twelve plush dragons for my "special" visitors and of course the candy. Thats where the big money gets spent. My family has already been through two large bags.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I like the idea of treat bags. We make up a few for the neighbor kids we know well. Eveyone else get's candy bars. With over 500 kids last year, bags with multiple litlte itmes in are costly, and frankly, by the time Halloween night rolls around, I'm pretty tapped out.:(

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
We get tons of TOTers, so we just do candy. Does anyone know where I can get a manual counter? I would like to count my TOTers just to see how many I actually get....Im guessing hundreds.....
Nicole, you can get a pitch counter to keep track of your TOT count very easily. You should be able to find one at a sporting goods store, but if not, here's a link I found for one of the least expensive models: pitch counter at Dick's Sporting Goods. That link also gives you an automatic 10% off your order when you go to checkout.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I bought 500 brownpaper bags (ought to last me a while!) and a bat stamp with black. purple and orange inks yesterday. I haven't decided what to tie them with yet. I love Edward Gorey and was hoping the bags may evoke his style...
To put in them so far I have nerds and gummy fangs. I think I may splurge and get full-sized bars or popcorn.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
We get at least 200 kids too so I have to watch my pocket book. I usually give out big chocolate bars when I get them for 2 - 3 for a dollar. This year I think I am going with Koolaid Jammers... Sounds cool... or a regular juice box and a chocolate bar (small one) I cant really rationalize going over 80.00 for giveaways after I spend all that other money on props and stuff.... so we will see what I come up with.

·
She looks so normal
21,274 Posts
The last coule of years I made up 500 treat bags with candy,rings,stickers and pencils. My hubby says this year we are cutting back to just candy bars. I told him this year we'll be cutting back on the booze too. Negotiations are in progress. lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts