1 - 20 of 509 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
764 Posts
Cost of Monster Mud mixture (latex house paint and spackling compound) will not be included in your cost to build.

am i just sleepy or did i miss somthing ...sorry i miss interrupted....

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cost of Monster Mud mixture (latex house paint and spackling compound) will not be included in your cost to build.

am i just sleepy or did i miss somthing ...sorry i miss interrupted....
Right. The cost of the armature, chicken wire, burlap and anything else you incorporate into the prop is included in the cost, but not the cost of the mud mixture itself.

·
Banned
764 Posts
So joint compound and paint is a freebie? If so i dont understand why its a 50 dollar limit pvc and wire is cheap enough compound and paint is a killer in my book....Im sorry if im still missing somthing.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So joint compound and paint is a freebie? If so i dont understand why its a 50 dollar limit pvc and wire is cheap enough compound and paint is a killer in my book....Im sorry if im still missing somthing.
Well, if you want to incorporate something electronic in it feel free... add a lantern, crystal ball, or something else. That stuff can increase cost too. Be creative with your creation. It doesn't need to be made strictly out of monster mud and may incorporate other items like foggers, lights, etc... However, the main prop itself must be made from monster mud. You can't make a non-monster mud prop and add some teeny, tiny monster mud creation to it.

The cost of the mud mixture is a freebie.

I'm just looking to spur some creativity with the entries by not forcing the cost of the mud mixture into the fray.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
WoooHooo....I finally didn't miss something by like weeks!
I know I cannot win......but this is great! Another excuse to bust butt and make a prop! I have been wanting to break open hubby's pail of compound!

Thanks you guys!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
OK... Ideas already....
Well if anything we all have more props!!
I may be able to squeeze this on the schedule..hmm

·
Ghost Maker
3,014 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Finally I've been wanting to enter one of these... just a quick question

Say I only use like 1/8 of a can of pain or great stuff foam or whatever... do you still half to include the total cost or are we allowed to estimate....

·
Registered
506 Posts
Oh and since I have a bunch of leftover wood from my kitchen (that got redone) can that be marked as free? Or do I have to get the actual price of what it would be....

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finally I've been wanting to enter one of these... just a quick question

Say I only use like 1/8 of a can of pain or great stuff foam or whatever... do you still half to include the total cost or are we allowed to estimate....
This is what is known as "pro-rating" an item and is covered in the rules. Basically, expendable items are only billed to your prop based on how much you use. Say you buy a gallon of paint for $15, but you only use half the can. Then you only charge $7.50 to your prop's total cost.

1 - 20 of 509 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.