2007 MONSTER MUD MAYHEM! CHALLENGE
These are the rules for the "2007 Monster Mud Mayhem!" challenge. As time progresses, these rules may be amended to clarify any unclear rules as well as to address any questions or concerns that arise during the course of this contest.
Please read all of these rules carefully and post any questions or concerns you may have to this thread and it will be addressed. If you have any questions, please post them before proceeding with your monster mud creation.
MUD CREATION LIMITATIONS
The contest limitations are fairly minimal this time. Mainly, a cost and height limitation have been imposed to maintain a level playing field.
- Monster Mud creation must be 8 feet tall or less. A photo with a tape measure showing total height is required.
- Cost of Monster Mud mixture (latex house paint and spackling compound) will not be included in your cost to build. Any other additives to the mud solution will be included in the cost.
- Materials cost for this project (not including cost of paint and compound to make monster mud) must be less than $50.
- Cost of paint to paint your creation will be included in your total cost.
The following rules must be adhered to to ensure your entry is considered for judging. Please read them all carefully and feel free to ask any questions about them in this thread.
- One entry per person.
- Entry must be a newly built item. No previously built creations allowed.
- An entrant MUST have at least 30 new posts on the forums between July 15th, 2007 and September 30th, 2007.
- Permanently banned members and members temporarily banned between the start and end of the contest are not eligible to enter.
- The site admin, moderators, prize sponsors, and winners of the previous prop challenge may enter but are not entered into the voting, nor are they eligible to win any prizes. Any entries from such users is simply for "show and tell" only.
- Entrants MUST post their entry in the form of a new thread in this forum. The new thread must contain the details of your monster mud creation's construction and a picture of it as well (links to external details okay).
- The deadline for the entry is September 30th, 2007. Your entry must be posted to the forum before the end of the day on September 30th (EDT).
- Once your entry has been posted, you may not make changes to it.
- Your build details must include a brief summary of how the monster mud creation was made and a list of supplies used. Full how-to instructions are encouraged but not required.
- The list of supplies must specify the cost of each item, and the cost must total $50 or less (minus cost of monster mud mixture). You are allowed to go over by up to $1.50.
- Supply prices must be reasonable - Using a Bucky skeleton that someone sold you for $3 isn't fair, but if you found some scrap lumber or foam in a dumpster, via Freecycle, or from a construction site, that can be claimed as free. Use your head and some common sense here. If you are unsure, consult the admin for what is and isn't acceptable.
- Expendable and quantity items such as glue, paint, screws, spray foam etc... can be pro-rated.
- Shipping costs to obtain materials shall not be included in your total cost to build. Feel free to obtain materials from eBay or online vendors and only count the cost of the item towards the total.
- All new threads (entries) in this forum will be moderated by Zombie-F and will not appear publicly to forum members until approved by Zombie-F.
- All non-newbie members (newbies have less than 10 posts) may vote for up to three entries during the voting period. This ensures diversity in the voting.
- Contest participants may not vote for their own entry. Vote for someone else's item as a courtesy. Failure to do so will result in your entry being disqualified.
- All votes will have their ip addresses checked. If a user appears to have registered numerous accounts to spike the vote, they will be disqualified.
MONSTER MUD RECIPE
You can use absolutely any recipe for making your monster mud as long as it uses only joint compound and latex paint. Any other additives to this solution will be added to your cost. Here is a link to the Monster Mud Recipe from the people who created it.
As of this moment, we are seeking out prize donations from our sponsors. Please be patient until this list is fully populated.
- A fantastic hand-crafted http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n16/TheOldSchool_2006/finished%20work/IMG_0739.jpg. Cape is black crepe with a dark red taffeta lining. Cape was made especially for this contest courtesy of forum member Ms Wicked.
- Winner's choice of Rawbone or Enos full over the head latex mask courtesy of Scare Shack.
- A full set of Hedstorm CDs courtesy of Michael Hedstrom of Hedstorm Productions.
- Early 1700's Pirate Flintlock Pistol courtesy of Frighteners Entertainment.
- 40 glue sticks in any combination of colors courtesy of Sickie Ickie.
Now, start your engines and let the madness begin!