Haunt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the thread for all discussion concerning the "2008 MacGuyver of Haunting Challenge."

Please refer to this thread for the official rules.

Sponsored By:
Everyone be completely aware that winners from the previous challenge (2008 $20 Prop Challenge) are not eligible to win prizes in the current challenge. You may still enter, but your entry will not be in the running for a prize.

Also note the rule concerning items obtained from scrap:
All commercially available items obtained from scrap will have a value associated with it. This value has been deemed to be 30% of it's original cost. For instance, if you obtain a 4 foot length of 2" x 4" lumber, it's value will be equal to it's off the shelf value (we'll say $1.50 for this example) multiplied by .3. Therefore, its value would be 1.5 * .3 = 0.45.

Please, talk amongst yourselves. :D

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The list of supplies must specify the cost of each item (minus cost of the 10 "required" items), and the cost must total $30 USD or less (or "close enough" to within $1 over cost). If you live outside the US, you must convert your prop's value from your native currency to USD.
I'll put it in bold so it stands out more.

·
Grrr
3,076 Posts
Question: Can I use deodorant balls instead of ping pong balls? Since they're basically the same thing.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Question: Can I use deodorant balls instead of ping pong balls? Since they're basically the same thing.
hmmmm... maybe since I've seen a few posts about that I'll change it to deodorant balls instead of ping pong balls. Go ahead!

·
Grrr
3,076 Posts
hmmmm... maybe since I've seen a few posts about that I'll change it to deodorant balls instead of ping pong balls. Go ahead!
okay, cool, thanks!
Oooooo this will be so fun!!!!:D

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
"MacGuyver of Haunting". Nice name!

To our Canadian friends: Feel free to translate this as the "Red Green of Haunting." Start rippin' that duct tape!!!

·
Grrr
3,076 Posts
"MacGuyver of Haunting". Nice name!

To our Canadian friends: Feel free to translate this as the "Red Green of Haunting." Start rippin' that duct tape!!!
I'm dumb...I use to watch that show all the time, had no idea it was canadian LOL(sorry, off topic)

·
Registered
639 Posts
What?!? No chewing gum. No pine air freshener. How am I going to get out of the meat locker in time for Halloween? LOL.

Seriously. Good Luck everybody. I can't win, but I promise I'll play.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Ahh yes Duct tape and WD40..

“All of life’s problems can be solved with two things—duct tape and WD40. If it moves and it shouldn’t, you need duct tape. And if it doesn’t move and it should, you need WD40."

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think I'll give this a shot. :)

Coffee cans---check
Soda bottles---check
Twine--check
Duct tape--check
packing foam--check

Can we use empty water bottles or soda cans as well?
Sure, you can add any extra items you like as long as you include at least five of the items from "the list."

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Seriously. Good Luck everybody. I can't win, but I promise I'll play.
Hey, like they say, ya can't not win if ya don't not play!....er...something like that. I think.

·
Grrr
3,076 Posts
I have an idea!!! not sure if it will work, I'll find out soon!

1 - 20 of 235 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.