Haunt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
:confusevil:pyroach is coming. La-Cooka-Racha! I don't spell spanish either.

·
Muddled Moderator
28,242 Posts
Final coats of paint going on today.

·
Registered
54 Posts
:DThe Pyroach is submitted. Good luck to all my fellow haunt manufacturers. But not too much. LOL:lolkin:

·
Grrr
3,076 Posts
wow such good entries! Good luck to all. May the best prop win!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
FINALLY got mine done and sent in. Sheesh. I think I speak for many of you when I say I'm relieved that I can finally get back to all the other projects I've been putting off! Did this contest ever challenge me. Now it's time to sit back and enjoy everyone's submissions :)

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
Today is the last day people! If you haven't submitted yet, you have until Midnight (Eastern Daylight Time) to get your entry submitted.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
all the entries are great ..I'm really really liking them..

I'm glad I didn't submit mine ..I thought it sucked..
besides that I didn't finish it LOL
I think it will be one of the offerings into the bonfire at the party.
Ill take a pic then.

·
Grrr
3,076 Posts
Great entries!!!! Thanks Zombie-F for having a site that allows us to see all this creativity!

·
Muddled Moderator
28,242 Posts
It was fun putting this project together. I hadn't worked with paper mache since I was a wee kid.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
If home situations had been different I would have joined the fun; it looked like a blast. And I like the required materials idea; it forces you to look at things for what they could be instead of what they are. I think that's a required skill for being a really good costumer or propmaker if you're not a one-material purist.

Voting will absolutely suck, there were some marvelous entries here. More than three, that's for sure. Some of them will have to go without a prize and it seems so unfair when you consider the quality and amount of time and effort spent on many of them... but hey that's why it's called a contest. This weekend I'm working the masquerade at Archon and once again I'll be pitying the poor judges who will have to choose between too many masterpiece-grade costumes. There's nothing like a friendly competition to bring out brilliance.

Congratulations to one and all who entered!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Great Contest. It's been amazing seeing everyone's props.
I know for myself I would never have thought to use cotton balls & balloons in the way I did had it not been for this contest.

Good Luck to everyone who entered.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
I won't be able to start the voting thread until I get home from work tonight, so be on the lookout for it later on. :)

·
Muddled Moderator
28,242 Posts
So we have a lucky 13 entries? Good luck everyone. I had a blast working on my project (got my wife involved too as a bonus!)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
It's a pretty cool contest (my first on the forum!). Like the others have said, being forced to use specific materials is great. Pushes you to think "what's the best way I can use this?". It was my first time using paperclay AND my first time making something that moves (at one point I was worried about using materials/approaches I'd never done before).

The neat thing about the entries is you can see people thinking totally 'out-of-the-box'.

181 - 200 of 235 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.