Haunt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 235 Posts

·
Still scaring children
2,311 Posts
Wow!!! These entries are fantastic. You people rock! Everyone should win!! Just like Ghoul Friday (my first contest on the forum too). I really don't want to remember when the last time I had to use paper mache and I have never used celluclay. I wasn't sure what to expect. Finding styrofoam packing material was insainly hard. I had to go dumpster diving for it and I came up empty so many times before I scored (unreal). Thank's for the contest - Z ! Good Luck everyone!

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
It's a pretty cool contest (my first on the forum!). Like the others have said, being forced to use specific materials is great. Pushes you to think "what's the best way I can use this?". It was my first time using paperclay AND my first time making something that moves (at one point I was worried about using materials/approaches I'd never done before).
You have no idea how good it feels to hear someone say that. It seems for most of these builds, I hear nothing but complaints on the restrictions. :)

·
Muddled Moderator
28,242 Posts
You have no idea how good it feels to hear someone say that. It seems for most of these builds, I hear nothing but complaints on the restrictions. :)
Zombie, I loved the idea. It was fun, and challenging to find uses for the variety of items. I wasn't around for the earlier contests, but I thought this was a blast. Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to future chances to get creative, and see what others come up with. Contests like this open your eyes to so many possibilities of what can be done with simple materials.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
This is my first prop challenge and I had a lot of fun. I don't even care if I win or not. It was very MacGuyver for me since I built it in three days (sat,sun, and monday night). The lit of required materials does push you out side of our comfort zone. I don' think I would have made the hands out of twine otherwise, but I love they way they look. When I do make a scare crow, I'll probably make him all out of twine!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I haven't participated in a contest here in a while (not since the scarecrow in '06), but I don't mind the materials restrictions. I think it's a good idea, actually. It keeps a level playing field for the contest, and if people want to do more, they can do it separate from the contest.

·
Muddled Moderator
28,242 Posts
Zombie, Ghoul Friday's picture link isn't working on the voting thread.

·
Are you always like this?
3,287 Posts
I just had a look at everybody's projects! What a great group; everybody did a great job utilizing ordinary objects!! It was difficult to decide to what to vote for - you're ALL winners!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I lurk on here all the time, but wanted to finally post so that I could vote. I just wanted to congratulate everyone on being so creative and inventive with their props. You should be very proud.

·
Still scaring children
2,311 Posts
I lurk on here all the time, but wanted to finally post so that I could vote. I just wanted to congratulate everyone on being so creative and inventive with their props. You should be very proud.
I agree with you on this one, 100%! Everyone has done a super job on this contest! Your right, They should be very proud!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't get the chance to get on all that often, but 30 posts isn't to difficult. Have her join and enter. The more entries the more ideas I get to steal. LOL

201 - 220 of 235 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.