Haunt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 MacGuyver of Haunting Challenge
Sponsored By:
Here we are at the end of the final prop-build of the year! I am proud to announce our three top vote earners as chosen by you, the HauntForum community of users:

THE WINNERS
  1. First Place: The top dog for this entry was Papa Boo and his creative entry, "The Pyroach".
  2. Second Place: Coming so close to first place she could smell it was Ghoul Friday and her "Haunted Carousel."
  3. Third Place: Rounding out the hotly contested third place spot is Spanky's "Little Pun'kin."

Thanks to everyone who entered. You all put forth a great effort and came up with some great props given the restrictions placed upon you. All the boils and ghouls who entered should be very proud of their hard work. I hope you all proudly display your creations at your haunts this year.

Prize vendors will be contacting the winners by PM or e-mail and your prizes will be mailed out shortly. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves. The discussion thread for this challenge is now closed and all further discussion should continue here.

This concludes the 2008 prop challenge season. Expect HauntForum to get the year started off right in 2009 with the next installment of the $20 Prop Challenge. Have a Happy Halloween everybody! :biggrinkin:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Congrats all around!

Papa Boo, as soon as I saw your roach I thought "oh dear...that one is going to be hard to beat". And I was right. So I don't feel too bad that your daughter is going to make you build a carousel for her ;)

YAY Spanky! I think it's really cool that your lil guy placed third. Shows that even if a prop is small, if you spend time on the detailing, people DO appreciate it.

Bloodhound: you were a crazy contender and I never knew what your tally would be each time I signed in! For me, you were the wild card of the contest.

The entries from everyone just shows the creative minds that are on this forum. And I will start by thanking you for making this a place I like to hang out in. Thanks to those who voted for me and who shared in Edmond's misery.

And of course, thanks to the sponsors and Zombie F - I would never have come up with the carousel idea otherwise.

·
Grrr
3,076 Posts
yay to everyone! It was a tough contest, congrats to the winners! and also to the ones who did not win, for no one is a loser because you all have great props you made.

·
Still scaring children
2,311 Posts
Congratulations to the winners!!!! You guy's and gal rock!! Your props are awesome! Great entries and excellent presentations. Nice work.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Congrats Boils and Ghouls

Great entries everyone

·
Can't keep up with Roxy!
3,526 Posts
Congratulations Papa Boo, Ghoul Friday and Spanky!!!

All other entries were awesome too.

I knew when I suggested this contest that great things would come of it. Glad to hear that everyone enjoyed it so much. Hopefully we will see this contest again in 2009.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Congratulations to the winners, awesome work!! I enjoyed every ones entry's. Thank you to those who voted for me, it is appreciated, I learned alot from this, and yes, I displayed him last week end in the first campground haunt I was at, I heard one person said it was the favorite of my props, and several commented on it being scarey, so thanks to Zombie F for having this contest, I probably wouldn't of made him if not for it!

·
Panic time is here!
3,835 Posts
Congratulations to everybody. I don't think I could have come up with a single idea for this contest.
I continue to be amazed at your imagination, talent and what you can do on a frugal budget.

·
Muddled Moderator
28,242 Posts
Congrats to Papa, Ghoul and Spanky. Great job everyone, I thought all the entries were imaginative and well done. This was my first contest and we had a blast making the puppies. Our dog doesn't want to get near them (lol). I'm already trying to think up ideas for the next contest.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts