Haunt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 137 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
I saw that you could win a HeresJohnny wallbreaker kit so I decided why not. Ive never done a moving prop challenge before so this should be fun. Ive already got the design and am working on the prop. With any luck the movement will work how I have it planned in my head and you techies will be like WHOA COOL!!!
Once you go animated, you never look back! Congrats on taking the plunge. :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'd post teaser pics, but I've done everything except for the technological aspect of it. It's built, painted, lit, and designed, just not wired to a motor. Which might be because I haven't picked up the motor yet. Whoops. Don't want to give away the surprise.

I probably have one of those motors just lying in storage somewhere, too. I'm not worried. There's still time.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
If we buy something from, say, Ebay or a thrift store and can't find a regular retail price for it, do we just count the cost that we paid, or is it imperative that we locate a retail price for the item?
A best effort should be made to figure out a retail price. What is the item?

·
Registered
126 Posts
my apologies if this has been asked would the cost of an mp3 player be prorated at the 30%

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
Hey Z-F,
What would the cost be for 1/8" X 1/2" aluminum flat bar stock? There's no per-foot price in the rules list. Also, do we need to include the cost of any audio components (cables, players, speakers etc) if we use sound with the prop?

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
I found a deer like the one I am using, for $45.99 at kmart.com, so do I need to multiply that price by .3, or just use the $12 price I paid at the thrift store?
The $12 price applies... but if the deer IS the prop you're hacking/animating, it's considered free.

Question, if we buy something at Michaels and use one of their many 40% off coupons, can we use the discounted price?
The 40% off price applies.

my apologies if this has been asked would the cost of an mp3 player be prorated at the 30%
Hey Z-F,
What would the cost be for 1/8" X 1/2" aluminum flat bar stock? There's no per-foot price in the rules list. Also, do we need to include the cost of any audio components (cables, players, speakers etc) if we use sound with the prop?
I'd say $0.45 per foot is fair based on the fact 1/8" x 1" is .90.

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
Thanks, Z. I'll assume that the cost of any audio components need to be included, same as a controller would be.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Thanks, Z. I'll assume that the cost of any audio components need to be included, same as a controller would be.
Oops, forgot to answer that one. The answer is yes, audio components will need to be included.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Gutted - due to my work load, I'm no way going to have time to complete what I wanted to do - I'm not going to release this beastie in any state less than what I have in mind.

As such, I'm not going to be entering, but will still start a thread to show it off sometime in october when it's complete.

Good luck to all those entering, the entries so far are wicked.

There's always the next one...

Si

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
I'm almost done, honest! I'll should have stuff up by the weekend (crosses fingers).

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Otaku, I am really looking forward to seeing what you have come up with. I know it will be amazing.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
I always worry that we won't get enough entries to make these worthwhile and then BAM! We wind up with six or seven at the very end.

I can't wait to see what else people come up with.

81 - 100 of 137 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.