Haunt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Damn, Joe! I was looking forward to seeing what you came up with. I know what you mean about tight schedules, though.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
The name of the prop is called do not bother me. It started when I saw this thread called the ultimate machine.

http://www.hauntforum.com/showthread.php?t=22874&highlight=ultimate+machine

I made a version of this but I enhanced it. First next to the switch is a blinking led that blinks when I want the kids to switch it. There is a note saying to flip the switch when the led blinks. after the first switch flip the hand come out of the box and flips it back off and says go away don't bother me. The led then blinks again - the switch is flipped on again and again the hand come out flips the switch off and says I said go away and stop bothering me (more forcefully this time). The led blinks a third time and the switch is again flipped by the kids. The hand come out and flips the switch and this time he says " I asked you to stop bothering me and you have not gone away so Robot Attack!" Some scary music from a Godzilla movie starts to play then the robot starts to rise from the box behind the hand then the sound morphs to the Cylon eye scanning sound (from the original Battlestar Galactica) followed by "by your command" The Robot has the same led eye as the Cylons and moves the same. It may also say something else like "destroy all humans" or something like that I haven't finished the sound yet. It also has a shoulder mounted blaster with more red leds on the front of the barrel that will flash with the blaster sounds. The robot then shoots the kids and returns to the box. then the prop resets after about 30 seconds. There may also be a few other sound effects where needed. The sounds are all MP3 files plugged into a VMusic module. There will be two picaxe controllers a 14M in the box to control the the two servos, read the switch, controls the relay to the motor that makes the robot rise, and talks to the other pixace a 20X2 in the head that controls the leds for the eyes and the gun and plays the sound files from the vmusic module.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
That sounds terrifyingly, hilariously, wonderfully amazing. I can't wait to see it and I am sorry you missed the competition. Sounds like that would have taken me right out of first place (that was a joke on me, BTW). But I do think yours could have won.

·
Super Moderator
64,174 Posts
Voting has started. Let the adrenaline rushing and fingernail biting begin:D

Good luck to all the worthy entrants!

·
Pumpkin Hill Gravekeeper
1,536 Posts
I love the ball/doll/shelf, but for plain old techno creepy, it has got to be the worms.

·
Batty Beautiful
5,633 Posts
i second that! i can't wait to see who wins!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Voting has started. Let the adrenaline rushing and fingernail biting begin:D

Good luck to all the worthy entrants!
I am out of fingernails, now what do I bite Roxy? Maybe my cat will let me chew on her nails until Friday. :eek:

·
Slowly Losing My Mind
2,820 Posts
All great entries. The poll looks pretty accurate. Good luck to all!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
So glad. I am so out of nails, I had to start biting the real ones in my garage.

Congratulations to all of us. This was intensely fun. And I do mean intense. LOL

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
LOL - you guys are too much - Congrats to the winners - Hopefully we have this again next year - I will be sure to start earlier next time. my hardest part seems to be to come up with an idea but once I do I run with it.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Will be doing that tonight. Had a hectic weekend of trying to catch up on my haunt setup. Due to some wind damage the previous weekend, I had a bunch of props to fix.

121 - 137 of 137 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.