Haunt Forum banner
181 - 200 of 215 Posts

· Premium Member
7,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
The entry deadline is today by midnight (Eastern Daylight Time). So far, with only one entry that person will win everything!

I guess the theme of this one just didn't work out. :confused:

· Headless & Haunting
Creating a massive fundraiser haunted house for our local Scout group.
4,772 Posts
LOL waiting to see Debbie's pics......

That's a shame. I feel bad now for not making an effort. I just had so much on these past weeks.

· Super Moderator
68,195 Posts
Perhaps it would be best if the annual $20 prop contest remained a non-themed contest, or was done like the MacGuyver contest where you could do any type of prop as long as it incorporated some of the items from a specified list. Use of a theme risks excluding some folks who would be interested in participating.

One potential problem with the Christmas theme, based on previous comments posted here, is that some people would have participated if they had known far enough in advance to pick up some Christmas props to corrupt during the December-January sales. Another possibility is that many people use the $20 prop contest as a kickstart for making things for their haunts, and they may not have wanted to put effort into a prop that wouldn't fit their personal haunt theme. I recall a few people last year mentioned not participating because they didn't have a graveyard when that was the theme, although enough people here do that it wasn't an issue for the contest itself. The third thing mentioned here was that life got in the way of getting something done, which has nothing to do with the choice of theme and just happens sometimes.

Spooky1 and I talked a little bit about doing a Show and Tell entry, but don't actually have any Christmas props to corrupt. We have lights and tree decorations, and a good chunk of our decorations are already Halloween-themed anyway, so they came pre-corrupted:)

· Ghost Maker
2,941 Posts
The entry deadline is today by midnight (Eastern Daylight Time). So far, with only one entry that person will win everything!

I guess the theme of this one just didn't work out. :confused:
Well I can only speak for myself, I imagine I am in the minority on this one. I was planning on using the annual $20 contest as a motivator to build a new animated ghost thing, however I decided not to enter because of the theme. Just my 2 cents, looking forward to the next contest :)

· Registered
92 Posts
OK, seriously, I've been working on the dang tutorial all day. Probably way more detail than you want, but I was trying to follow Stolloween's example. But my entry will be submitted, definitely by midnight. And personally, I like the challenge of theme. It gives me something creative to sink my teeth into.

I admit, I just incorporated it into a prop I was planning on building anyway. I also had a Christmas decoration lying around that I was willing to use ...

· Registered
92 Posts
OK ... crap. I submitted my entry for the contest, but was limited to 5 images in the post, so thought I'd be able to post the image-heavy tutorials in subsequent replies (I'd seen other folks do that in the past entries) ... but I can't reply to my own thread until it's approved ... and as it stands now, there's no tutorial ...

Help? Should I post a 2nd thread with a text tutorial and wait to add the images? Or attach a pdf with the tutorial (I've got it all written out as a Google doc and am just cutting and pasting and reformatting) ... Or will someone let me know it's been approved so I can add the tutorial reply posts?

· Headless & Haunting
Creating a massive fundraiser haunted house for our local Scout group.
4,772 Posts
I've got no excuse other than just too much else on my plate. No idea what I would have built but hey - that's why they call it a challenge!!!!!

· Registered
1,241 Posts
I cut it right down to the wire with literally just miunutes to spare. But I have been so busy lately I couldn't concentrate on thinking of a prop. I usually work better under pressure because if I have too much time I will still procrastinate and also get tied up with pointless details.

· Registered
1,241 Posts
Congratulations Bmaskmaker and Ladysherry. Great job on your props, and well deserved wins. Thank you to all who voted for me, I appreciate the support.

· Registered
574 Posts
Congrats to both of you and thank you for the congrats. It was a tight race til the end. The contest got me motivated and I have accomplished several props since I finish my entry.

181 - 200 of 215 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.