Haunt Forum banner
161 - 180 of 215 Posts

· IN MEMORIAM - A Wee Bit Wicked....
8,680 Posts
I would have loved to build something this year for the contest, but I just don't really have anything Christmas to hack, nor could I find anything I wanted to work with. Maybe that's the case with others? Next year I'll find a way to enter for sure.
:jol:I'm with you Dave, I swore I was going to enter this year after seeing the props for the graveyard challenge last year, but nothing jumped out at me. I am sure after I see all the great entries, I will say, "I could have tried that, or that, or that...." I kept getting bogged down with Nightmare Before Christmas ideas.....not that there's anything wrong with that!:D I love me some Jack!

· Registered
168 Posts
Hey all,

So I thought I'd share something in the spirit of this contest. In all fairness, this was never intended to be an entry, but it does sort of cross the lines between Christmas and Halloween. Meet, Beefcake! (pic below)

I actually started him last Christmas (so it doesn't qualify for the contest), but I never got to finishing him. Using Stolloween's paper mache techniques, I wanted to build a snowman. But not just any snowman. A power-flexing, muscle-building snowman. Don't ask me why, I simply thought it would be cool. The body and arms was as far as I got.

I just recently added a nose and some hands. And I have to say, he has some cool spookiness going on. Anyway, at least it's in the same ballpark. Not a hacked Christmas toy, not even technically a Halloween prop, but a fairly eery snowman that I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley. Thought I'd pass it along. ;)

Dave

p.s. Now I'm looking forward to some of the real entries!

· Registered
92 Posts
Teaser pic 2 / Post 23 or 24

It doesn't feel like a dud to me ... but it's my first one. I admit, I was pretty inspired. Maybe the idea of corrupting Christmas just really appealed to me? My prop isn't finished yet, but definitely will be ... so here's another teaser pic.

· Super Moderator
68,195 Posts
Zombie, could you approve the attachments to ladysherry's posted thread for the contest? They're showing as pending approval.

· Registered
168 Posts
Thanks, all. I'll have to post a finished pic of the snowman when he's ready, just for kicks. I have a feeling he's going to look much creepier than I originally thought, but hey... haunter! ;)

Best of luck to those entering the contest.

· Batty Beautiful
Just me and my fiancé and sometimes our boys
5,719 Posts
i hate to say it, but the entries a no go. just didn't have the time or motivation...to much crap going on. But I will most likely finish the prop anyway. Best of luck to everyone!

· Super Moderator
68,195 Posts
Sorry to hear that, DA. There was an extension of the time for submitting - maybe you could give it one more try this weekend.

· Registered
92 Posts
Thanks Dave ... I used Allen (Stiltbeast's) tape copying technique ... but used paper packing tape since I intended it as a base for mache. I was thrilled with how fast it went ... 3 skulls (copying the 4th) with 2 layers of tape, cut off, stuffed with newspaper, then added 3 layers of paper mache ... in probably 2-2 1/2 hours.

Woo Hoo.

· Something Wicked
2,118 Posts
Hey all,

So I thought I'd share something in the spirit of this contest. In all fairness, this was never intended to be an entry, but it does sort of cross the lines between Christmas and Halloween. Meet, Beefcake! (pic below)

I actually started him last Christmas (so it doesn't qualify for the contest), but I never got to finishing him. Using Stolloween's paper mache techniques, I wanted to build a snowman. But not just any snowman. A power-flexing, muscle-building snowman. Don't ask me why, I simply thought it would be cool. The body and arms was as far as I got.

I just recently added a nose and some hands. And I have to say, he has some cool spookiness going on. Anyway, at least it's in the same ballpark. Not a hacked Christmas toy, not even technically a Halloween prop, but a fairly eery snowman that I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley. Thought I'd pass it along. ;)

Dave

p.s. Now I'm looking forward to some of the real entries!

That is looking amazing!

· Batty Beautiful
Just me and my fiancé and sometimes our boys
5,719 Posts
Sorry to hear that, DA. There was an extension of the time for submitting - maybe you could give it one more try this weekend.
I'm not even gonna try it. I'm no where near being finished. There's just too much going on. But I can't wait to see everyone elses entries!

· Registered
92 Posts
Finished!

Yay ... finished the prop today. Took daylight pics, and detail pics ... just waiting for the sun to set so I can get a couple of night shots. And then write up the tutorial.

Question about that ... I learned things making this, that I'd do differently. I will note them on the tutorial ... but the emphasis of the tutorial should be on how I made the current prop ... not how I'd make it if I were to do it again? I guess it has to be ...

OK ... here's my final teaser

· Super Moderator
68,195 Posts
Correct, bmask, the write up for the prop is "How I Did It", not "How I Wish I'd Done It":) However, feel free to add those comments to your thread.

161 - 180 of 215 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.