Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Demon Imp. Our first, and only full figured prop for this year. He stands just 3' tall, and is comprised primarily of papier mache. The head was made from a fish tank skull. The wings are made of cheesecloth and wire for hanging drop ceilings. The Horns are mache covered foam with mache clay around the base. And the Tombstone is one that I had carved up earlier this year. The inner frame is 1/2" PVC with hardware cloth to fill out the bulk of the limbs and torso.

More can be seen in episode #15 of our Vlog (footage starts at 13:10)

·
H.B.I.C.
9,101 Posts
LOVE your imp! Thanks for describing the detail in making the wings in your vlog. They came out nice!

·
Super Moderator
64,110 Posts
This is an impressive piece. The face is expressive, the skin texture is flawlessly smooth, and those wings are to die for:) AND he has a cute butt - what more could you ask for in an imp?:jol:

·
Muddled Moderator
28,214 Posts
The Imp is fantastic looking.

·
Amateur by definition.
1,453 Posts
He's a proud looking devil. Nice mossing on the tombstone.

·
Clean "cut"
27,011 Posts
YOWZA! Hot Imp!!!

·
Muddled Moderator
28,214 Posts
I hope he's not the "butt" of the jokes in the graveyard. :)

·
Registered
888 Posts
Glad you didn't use the original wings, because the cheese cloth ones look so much better. They look much more substantial and menacing. I use the same ceiling wire to build armature's for my smaller props. The stuff is useful for all kinds of things. Oh, and tinfoil is also good for fleshing out your prop. You can sculpt with it, then cover it with the mache. Really handy stuff.

Looking forward to seeing your groundbreaker next.

·
Something Wicked
2,119 Posts
Nice looking Imp. The wings and face really give it character! Love the way he is grabbing onto that tomb stone and gazing about.

·
IN MEMORIAM - A Wee Bit Wicked....
8,670 Posts
:jol:He is pretty awesome! My favorite parts are the horns, you got such nice detail there and I just love his wings. You were able to make the wings sheer but you still convey the sense of leathery like feel to them. Really nice work and by the way, the stone he is standing behind is pretty amazing!:D

·
Registered
816 Posts
Great work. He looks really nice, er I meant mean.

·
Registered
207 Posts
SK I love the Imp's look and the personality that comes across. Very nice tombstone also. Any chance there might be more Imps in your graveyard smashing pumpkins, pushing over headstones, and setting fires? Have a great Halloween.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts