Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Witch-Finder of Lilburn
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much time for warts and accents this year but I did manage a dozen or so new JOLs.

Things 1 and 2 designed these two:

Didn't spend any special time on the ones shown, just sort of mass-produced as quickly as possible, which is odd for me. I'm working on a couple (unshown) that are fairly original I'm pretty sure, so that ought to meet my creativity-high urge (is there a word for that?? I bet the Germans have one, they have a word for everything) for a while.

These are made from craft pumpkins from Hobby Lobby, paper clay, and paint.

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
Thing 1 and Thing 2 did a great job with theirs:)

I think I like Mr. Sourpuss (the one on the left in the photo right above Thing et al's picture) the best - very grumpily expressive.

·
H.B.I.C.
9,101 Posts
Nice JOL's Rahnefan!

·
Something Wicked
2,119 Posts
Sweet! Love the pumpkins designed by Things 1 and 2. The JOL on the vine with the mouth at the bottom is killer too! And leave that last one alone...very subtle, but once you see the face it's very creepy.

·
IN MEMORIAM - A Wee Bit Wicked....
8,670 Posts
:jol:Oh these jack'o lanterns are fantastic! Much better than any from a store! Wow, you rocked them out, very cool. I love them all, if that is you at "mass produce mode" I can't wait to see the two you took your time on...really these guys are phenomenal!:D

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
These are great! I really like the expressions. I'm in to the evil, mean looking jack faces and I may use some of these for my own if you don't mind.

·
Volat cum ea suas alas.
12,853 Posts
You need to make a tutorial. I LOVE the texture you achieved here...I would have never thought they were store bought. You corrupted them so well!

·
Witch-Finder of Lilburn
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everybody. Go right ahead jdubbya. Not much to tell deb, just draw, cut, build up with clay, then paint. As always, all I can see is what to improve, or how I liked them better on paper. For example the Drool Snapper (that's the one with the mouth at the bottom) ought to have a bigger mouth, to emphasize the toothiness. Stuff like that. Here's the original idea on an unfinished cardgame mockup: http://www.witchhuntersbarn.com/images/cards/drool-350.jpg

My aim is usually to go traditional but with as much variation as possible, and to muddy the line between a carved and natural face.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
look great ..are you done yet?? lol

·
Witch-Finder of Lilburn
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Thanks!

The two I mentioned were the Drool Snapper (the standing-up mouth-at-the-bottom one) and this one:

Gorilla Glue makes the best foamy drool. You put it on sparingly and let it drip all on its own; it bubbles and turns a pale yellow. But I didn't do that to the Drool Snapper because in the future I might use a pump and hidden basin for a constant trickle of blood or something.

Edit -
Says Thing 1 (7y.o.): "Great, now just fix the stem so it doesn't look like masking tape painted green." :D

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
LOL, sounds like you have a home grown critic:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts