Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was great to see everyone at the East Coast Haunt Club Gathering, and really awesome to have the tour come through the haunt. We have a progress thread up on Hauntworld, but we wanted to share some stuff on here as well.

Started in January taking down the old facade to make room for the big skull one you guys saw on Sunday.

Here is a video of scares last year from Tim Bickford of Creative Cinema Video. Always get pumped up watching these!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It was finally time to get a new logo to give us more of a professional look and feel our old logo was designed by Eric back when the haunt was in his front yard.

We decided to work with Brainstorm Studios who really kicked ass on the logo and did their best to include everything we were looking for. This is what we got from them:

After some tweaks, we came up with this- it is what we use as a logo now. The best part is now having a file with different elements that we can separate out. Like now we can just use the pumpkin and put it on a round button or something.

We told Doug at Brainstorm that we wanted this pumpkin included- so we send him a picture of the huge pumpkin that is out in pumpkin alley.

This was the first draft they sent to us without any direction:

We sent this back to him to show him more of what we were looking for as to a feel:

After that, we got the final version above.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our photographers Dan and Suzanne of Artifact Images come by once in a while during construction. They've started doing these kick ass time lapse photos. These are not video clips, but individual photos. Amazing! I can wait to see what they can do at night! Be sure to watch these in HD:

Construction Time Lapse

Junkyard Time Lapse

Hillbilly Window Time Lapse

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is a cool one. Somehow, we had a pumpkin left over. Eric went over to carve in once in a while between cutting wood for the time lapse.

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EreVoIuEH34"

]Construction & Pumpkin Time Lapse[/URL]

First carve of the season was in May!

We started working with an artist to create a comic book to sell as merch, but the price was too steep for us at the time. Check out the cover though- pretty cool work.

·
Clean "cut"
27,574 Posts
WOW!! Impressive!

·
Super Moderator
64,251 Posts
^What Hairazor said. Clearly you subscribe to the "Go big or go home" approach to doing up Halloween:) It really is impressive.

That comic book cover is gorgeous, too, as are the other graphics.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
This is insane..in a good way of course! Can't imagine the work you guys put into this but it's fantastic!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
... standing up... applauding.. wow

hell, your scale model scares me, can't imagine how scary the real thing is. :)

Everything is fantastic.. wish I lived closer; would love to check that out. :) But, on the other hand, glad I don't. If my ToTers saw your stuff and then saw my lame-a$$ stuff, I'd be laughed outta the neighborhood. :D

Again, Fantastic!! :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts