Haunt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is the thread for all discussion concerning the "2013 Mad Science Fair Prop Challenge."

Please refer to this thread for the official rules.

Everyone be completely aware that winners from the previous challenge (2013 $20 Prop Challenge) are not eligible to win prizes in the current challenge. You may still enter, but your entry will not be in the running for a prize.

Feel free to ask questions, make comments and by all means... talk amongst yourselves. :D

·
Registered
979 Posts
wow,, interesting concept,, will need to do some thinking on this,,,

·
Clean "cut"
27,005 Posts
I predict some hot entries!

·
Registered
149 Posts
:eek:

I... think... I may have to do something with this one... ECHC will be over soon, and I - legit - caught wind of this on the first day...

H'boy... what to do?

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the transformer on my Jacob's ladder alone hadn't been $60, I would have definitely entered it as a Show and Tell entry. You may see something from me yet this year.

And BOY, I really can't wait to see what you maniacs come up with for this.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
oooo I like this challenge now what to build.

·
Headless & Haunting
4,767 Posts
WOW interesting concept! I don't think I'll be entering anything as it doesn't really fit what my haunt will incorporate this year but $65 certainly opens the door for some pretty amazing props! Good luck everyone!

An original Stolloween Prop courtesy of Stolloween! - OMG - I would be so in heaven!

·
Registered
72 Posts
This fits right into the redesign of my haunt "The science of fear". It's going to be a sort of dark ride. Wife says I can't start the build until I get a storage shed to get everything out of the garage but I will be taking lots of notes from this competition.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Could I count my entire lab since most of it came from Curbies?

·
Registered
574 Posts
WOW this sounds like fun. I might have to think about this.

·
Stays Zesty in milk
4,472 Posts
To the lab to build a lab... wait...:eek::googly::D

·
Something Wicked
2,119 Posts
Man, I just noticed this! Hmmm, how to finish my current project, which I am already behind on and still get in on this...thinking...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Question - if a non US/Canadian entrant won (i.e at least on the same continent as the sponsors who would send the prizes are) would that cause problems with getting their prize sent to them or using vouchers etc to purchase items online. I don't want to take part if it would be super complicated to get prizes and cause problems for people if I were to win (which I won't as it is probably on the same list as winning the lottery). I would rather waive the prize or donate it back.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Question - if a non US/Canadian entrant won (i.e at least on the same continent as the sponsors who would send the prizes are) would that cause problems with getting their prize sent to them or using vouchers etc to purchase items online. I don't want to take part if it would be super complicated to get prizes and cause problems for people if I were to win (which I won't as it is probably on the same list as winning the lottery). I would rather waive the prize or donate it back.
I should mention that it is only open to those in the USA and Canada. The shipping gets very expensive and more complicated to go international.

I will amend the rules to reflect this.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You can enter, but I won't put yours in the running for votes. A few of the vendors had issue with international shipments in the past, so that's why it's disallowed.

·
Registered
979 Posts
am not having a lab this year,, but will have to give it some thought anyway,,,,,

1 - 20 of 165 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.