Haunt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 165 Posts

·
Something Wicked
2,119 Posts
Im just hope i can finish in time...not looking good right now!!! Actual Halloween prop may have to take a back seat...

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
No pressure but...

"All entries must be received by the end of the day (Eastern Daylight Time) on September 27th, 2013."

There's still time to get something entered - go, go, GO!:D

·
Registered
487 Posts
AAAAHHHHH!!!!! I'm over budget! I can't have any of my cool electronic lighting effects for lack of $5! Now I am a scientist that is very mad!!!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
*sigh*

I won't be able to enter, I leave for LA tomorrow and last minute travel changes had me solely focused on my trip versus my entry. On the up side, even though I discovered the challenge a bit too late, it really did inspire me and I went out shopping and promptly found some incredible finds at a thrift store - including a working digital projector for $30. I'll still make this prop and more. Although I was super excited to enter this contest, my LA trip (for those who don't know, I'm going to a "pitch fest" where I'll be pitching my horror screenplay, Kiss Me Dark, as well as VooDoo Baby) is a huge step in working in movies, writing and directing.

I love what I've seen so far, so keep it coming! You guys are fantastic!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Sorry to hear it APT. We do another challenge in the late winter/early spring of every year. Maybe you can get in on that one.

We're also trying to get back in the habit of having a second challenge running every year sometime over the summer.

Happy travels!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Thanks Zombie-F! It really did inspire me, not just for one prop, but 3 others! Writing/movies is my only job now, so whenever I can put all focus on it, I do. The great thing is, I have all of October to work on props! I'm trying to be more active on this board in the "off" months as well so next time - I think I'll give it a go! Hopefully this weekend goes great and next week I'm posting that I actually got several execs to read my script.

·
Stays Zesty in milk
4,472 Posts
Good luck with the pitch fest APT & hope to see ya' in the next prop challenge!

Was sick Sunday till' today, but that hasn't stopped me, just delayed a bit... final paint drying, should have complete entry up either tonight or tomorrow.

·
Stays Zesty in milk
4,472 Posts
Submitted & awaiting approval...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Question: "Entrants MUST post a new thread containing photos and details on how the prop entered was built in this forum."

Does that mean I have post detailed instructions with the posting or can I link it to the instructable on instructables.com ?

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
^Zombie-F can provide guidance on your question. There is, however, a requirement you need to meet in order to have a valid entry. The rules for the contest state as follows:

"All entrants MUST have at least 30 new posts on HauntForum between July 28th, 2013 and September 27th, 2013."

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
A link to the instructions is fine. It doesn't have to be embedded within a thread here.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
I am working at a haunt tonight, so if anyone submits and it is not approved before midnight, don't be alarmed. As long as the submit time is before midnight, you will be approved first thing in the AM when I wake up.

·
Stays Zesty in milk
4,472 Posts
C'mon party peeps! Gets dem last minuet entries submitted! Due day is today!:eek::googly::D

The Technicolor brain, revealed! Originally, I was going to make a disembodied cyber-zombie skull in a bucket/life support container, but the mold (in mache) didn't turn out like I wanted it and skull sculpt was getting too expensive & time consuming... it is being stored in my freezer to maintain freshness... seems like some of us were thinking very much alike...

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
Oooh, pretty!:googly:

·
Registered
487 Posts
I finished most of my electronics for my brain. Thought I would post it here so that it doesn't get confused with my entry (this stuff would through me over budget). The plasma tower turned out great for a $4 prop.

121 - 140 of 165 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.