Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the thread for all discussion concerning the "2017 Friday the 13th Prop Challenge."

Please refer to this thread for the official rules.

Feel free to ask questions, make comments and by all means... talk amongst yourselves.

·
Clean "cut"
27,007 Posts
Woot, woot, let the building begin.

·
Headless & Haunting
4,767 Posts
I take it "Friday the 13th" is just a name for the challenge, not indicating any kind of theme?

·
Clean "cut"
27,007 Posts
Ah yes, the wicked chess pieces

·
Headless & Haunting
4,767 Posts
Sounds like a plan. Now......... a prop............. :eek:

·
Registered
34 Posts
It will probably take as long to figure out what to do as it will to do it.

·
Headless & Haunting
4,767 Posts
LOL that's usually how it works........ ;)

·
Ghost Maker
3,014 Posts
Here's a thought, let me know what you think. The first few contests on Haunt Forum were different. Everyone posted progress and asked questions, instead of keeping their build secret and giving teasers at most. Personally I really enjoyed it, it was more like a group Work In Progress with lots of feedback and encouragement. What do you think of going back to that approach for this contest?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I personally think it could/should be builder's choice. I have figured out what I want to do, and once the last few peices arrive it will probably be an afternoon to assemble, so even if I document it step by step, most of it will be a single post. On the other hand, I like the ability to ask for input and/or help.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I'd say builder's choice as well. I'm actually working on 3 at once.....all falling under the price cap. I'm not sure which one I'll use so posting progress would be difficult

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you want to post about your build and ask questions, go ahead and do it in one of the prop sections. It doesn't need to be a secret.

When you are ready to submit your prop for the contest, you'll need to follow the challenge rules.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I have an idea, but it will require lots of trial and error and will depend on me finally locating the Dremel and having enough time to devote to it.

If I have time today, I'll go to Lowes and get a general idea of the cost involved.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts