Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Lets see that you can do with a some extra bones!

This is the thread for all discussion concerning the "2018 $50 Prop Challenge."

Please refer to this thread for the official rules.

Feel free to ask questions about the contest, make comments about the contest, and by all means... talk amongst yourselves about the contest. :D

·
She looks so normal
21,275 Posts
I'm so excited. And already I start with the questions.

"The prop with the most votes wins a choice of a $25 gift card to Lowes or Home Depot."

Could we make it someplace else? I'm afraid I've been banned from both stores. I'm not allowed to talk about the details.

Wait, I just read some more of the rules. We can't vote for ourselves? We can only vote once? Well how do you expect me to win this contest now? This is going to force me to really think hard. And you know that gives me a headache.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I'm at least thinking. I have access to wild grapevines, and I know where there is a streak of clay in the soil where a roadway was cut through.

But today I'm painting the fence around the chicken's scratch yard and (hopefully) finishing repair work on a spinning wheel. I can think while I'm doing those.

·
IN MEMORIAM - A Wee Bit Wicked....
8,670 Posts
Wait, I just read some more of the rules. We can't vote for ourselves? We can only vote once? Well how do you expect me to win this contest now? This is going to force me to really think hard. And you know that gives me a headache.
:jol:^Have you ever thought of bribing members for their vote? Some of us can be bought for very little Halloween merchandise.:p (I'm totally joking....):eek:

·
She looks so normal
21,275 Posts
:jol:^Have you ever thought of bribing members for their vote? Some of us can be bought for very little Halloween merchandise.:p (I'm totally joking....):eek:
Dang Girl, you've got all the best ideas. That's why you have the best props. I'm not so sure about bribing with Halloween merchandise, although Rick would like the idea. I have another propitiation to make. Who in there right mind wouldn't want to take a thrilling free vacation to Oklahoma City? And just to make it interesting, you all can come out in May. We are known world wide for our tornadoes in May. Wouldn't it be great to tell you grand kids you survived an Oklahoma tornado when you were young? And if we are really lucky we might even have an earthquake while you are here. What am I saying, of course we'll have an earthquake, we average 10-15 a week. Cross your fingers and hope for one over 4.0. Those will feel like a truck hit the house. And if there is a tornado, we probably won't get hit. This neighborhood was pretty well flattened by a tornado several years ago. And you know what they say, tornadoes won't strike twice in the same place. Or was that lightening? Oh well, if it does strike we have a tornado shelter that holds 8. If I have to bribe 10 to win the contest, that might be a little problem. I guess then we'd have to teach you all how to play a game. Called, last two to the tornado shelter are rotten eggs. And they can pretty well kiss their rotten butts good bye. And they will be rotten when you see that tornado come barreling down on you, you will rotten right in your pants. And if you do accept this free vacation, you will have to pay for your transportation and meals. We eat out a lot so bring a lot of money for food. And we only have one guest room, so you all will have to fight about it. Doesn't that sound like a great idea. Good, then vote for my prop. Thanks again, P-5! (You get to come automatically for thinking of the bribing idea.)

·
Registered
736 Posts
I can't offer the earthquakes, but I'll meet your tornadoes and raise you a hurricane. And we have alligators. Let the bribing begin!

·
Clean "cut"
27,011 Posts
Well I have nothing to compete for bribes like you ^ 2 above so I'll just have to do it the old fashioned way, hold my breath and lay on the floor kicking till I get votes.

Oh, wait, did that just commit me to a prop build?

·
Typing Lunatic
2,873 Posts
No need to inter the contest now, scareme will have everyone voting for her with a bribe like that. I know I cannot refuse it. :D

·
She looks so normal
21,275 Posts
Good bid spinwitch. Let's see what else is thrown into the pot.

Yes Hairzor, you did just enter the contest.

stick, It was the dash to the tornado shelter that got you, wasn't it? You are younger and can outrun all of us. Smart. :)

·
She looks so normal
21,275 Posts
Now whoa there Dandy, those whippets interest me. Tell me more.

·
Super Moderator
64,110 Posts
^Correct - no theme.

·
Headless & Haunting
4,767 Posts
Just remember I live in Australia so at that rate I think I could probably enter a stick in the contest and win with all the holiday bribe votes..... hahahaha

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What I want to build will cost more than the contest rules permit :(

·
8,670 Posts
:jol:^Just build it Haunti! If it fits the perimeters of the challenge, Yay! If it doesn't then you still have an awesome prop! (Psssssst...I never fit in the parameters anyhoo!)

·
She looks so normal
21,275 Posts
OK! OK! OK! I now have an offer no one else can match! You can keep your hurricanes and down under beaches. Beside tornadoes and earthquakes, I can now off you meteorites! There was a big boom this afternoon, and now they are saying a meteorite hit Cleveland County. And I live in Cleveland County! Now where else can you get that kind of excitement?

OK. Now back to the contest. Question-if I can find a piece of the meteor, how much does that equal in dollars? Just asking.

·
8,670 Posts
:jol:^Wait! If you find the meteorite you can sell it and make a fortune. (or so that's what "they" say):googly:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts