Haunt Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Typing Lunatic
2,873 Posts
Wait a Minute now Scareme has creatures from outer space coming in to get in on the deal. How can I compete with that. What does the rules say about space creatures helping or giving out freebies or cool ideas.

·
Super Moderator
64,107 Posts
OK. Now back to the contest. Question-if I can find a piece of the meteor, how much does that equal in dollars? Just asking.
Historically, anything found in nature has been considered free because, ostensibly, other people also have access to things like sticks, plants, bones seashells, rocks, etc. Meteorites may be a grey area since they are relatively uncommon; however, a possible loophole would be to consider them just another rock once they hit the ground, in which case they are free. Or you might say, since they are rare, that they are priceless, which practically speaking amounts to worthless since you can't assign a value to priceless, thereby defaulting to zero or (ipso facto) equivalent to worthless:googly:

·
She looks so normal
21,275 Posts
It turns out it wasn't an actual meteor. It was a blondie. That is when the meteor breaks up as it is coming through the atmosphere. But we did have a sonic boom and shaking. Rocking and rolling in Oklahoma.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Doesn't seem to be a lot of discussion going on here. My excuse is that I hadn't done anything yet. But today was the day!
Even though the budget was raised, my personal goal is to buy nothing--using only things that I have scrounged. Today's poking around yielded some hardware cloth that used to be on an animal's cage and a big package of zip ties--good start!

·
Clean "cut"
27,007 Posts
I have a vision, all I have to do is pull it together

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Any teaser pics? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

·
Registered
736 Posts
I was going to work on it this morning before work but it's raining. A picture of a somewhat used piece of hardware cloth is not that intriguing--maybe something soon.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Getting a little lonely in here.

I've added some fencing wire, masking tape, drinking straws and cheesecloth from my stash.

Have gotten a little sidetracked--we had a leak during the last storm and some of the bedroom ceiling ended up on the floor. We had the pros fix the roof, but we're doing the ceiling.

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I don't think people are building props.

·
Super Moderator
64,107 Posts
It's a haunted Matchbox car!:googly:

·
Clean "cut"
27,007 Posts
Hey Peeps, it's mighty lonely in the $50 prop build thread. Get cracking!

·
Registered
736 Posts
I'm still toiling away. Ran out of clay--and it's raining today so I can't go dig more (well, in theory, yes, but the husband unit does have his limits and my back won't let me do it on my own)

Anyone else working quietly in the background????

·
Registered
736 Posts
Well, any guy can bring you candy and flowers but a really great guy will go digging muck for you. Mine is almost done--needs some drying and touch-up.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Well this is what I get for forgetting to check in on here for a while... darn it I was wondering if there was going to be a prop challenge this year. :(

I can attempt to get about 25+ posts in the next two days and build something, but I likely will fail on both if I have only the rest of the weekend to do so. This might be an interesting personal challenge for me anyway! :D

·
Registered
950 Posts
I failed miserably this year. Had 75% of the materials and two weeks ago I was planning to buy the needed materials and start on a lightning build. Then I got a phone call from my hubby saying that the water was rising and our shop was flooded, so that ended the build.

Also my ipad quit charging and I've been trying to access the site with my phone which is a real PITA. I now understand why people have so much trouble accessing the site via mobile.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts