Haunt Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Headless & Haunting
4,767 Posts
Sadly we've pulled the pin on our Scouts Fundraiser Haunted House. I'm having mixed feelings about it - on the one hand I would be devastated if we were connected with a cluster outbreak and safety is ALWAYS first with me, but on the other hand it's sad not to be going ahead after an amazing 7 years of doing this gig. I haven't yet decided if I will do a yard display for the first time. Previously we lived out in the bush and so it was a waste of time doing a yard display and most of my props were set up for the fundraiser. It's something I'm thinking about at the moment.

·
Registered
208 Posts
CDC guidelines 22 Sep 2020

So the talking heads on tv today were talking about the new CDC guidelines "against" Halloween.

So...is that true?

Let's actually look that up..
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/holidays.html#thanksgiving

May just be my own bias in reading their guidelines, but I don't interpret it that way. Pretty much reads as all the rest of their guidelines, but most importantly, doesn't say anything specific "against" Halloween.

While we have cancelled our party, the yard will still be set up and candy bags will be distributed. Fingers crossed the weather and wind cooperate this year.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
... because the virus travels on sound waves ... ?
Not specifically on 'sound waves' but on microscopic droplets that everyone emits when the breathe, talk, cough, sneeze, yell, scream, etc. Of course the harder you exhale for what ever reason [scream] the more droplets you make and the further you propel them.

This is where you get news like the 61 person choir practice where 53 people got sick, 3 were hospitalized, 2 died.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6919e6.htm

·
Witch-Finder of Lilburn
2,033 Posts
Misinformation in Georgia

My state...some days I just don't know.

"Dr. Audrey Arona, the Gwinnett Newton Rockdale Health Department director...stated in a written response that the CDC doesn't have any guidance specific to the holiday."

I hope she is merely confused. CDC has issued clear guidance including activities listed in three levels of risk.

Traditional tick or treating, in case anybody else ain't got the news yet, is considered a Higher risk activity by the CDC, for the whole nation. Just FYI

·
Registered
422 Posts
Interesting Rahnefan. I hadnt even thought about fog spreading droplets.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts