Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
10,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was your trick or treater count tonight?

I know only a couple of kids who came by my darkened house were wearing masks for covid.

With the lights turned off....I got 32 kids. Only 2 wore masks.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
:eekin:So...this was my first Halloween in a few years. Past years we never got past 20 something. This year over 60! I bought about 200 dollars in candy in the spirit of hope and it's almost all gone!! I admit I was disgruntled over the hoa rules but I went with it. I put bluckies on the roof only over the garage. I placed bluckies peeking out behind bushes and trees surrounding the garage. I wrapped orange lights around our rose tree next to the drive way and put bluckies on the other side of the driveway with red and green spot lights. I also lined the driveway with jack-o-lanterns. Then I set up a bridge table, covered it with an orange table cloth and left buckets filled with bags stuffed with candy. I sat out for awhile and chatted with neighbors and then friends on the phone. I drank a margarita and had a great time!!!

My brother took pictures so I'm hoping to post them. I seriously had a great time tonight and LOVED the way my "driveway" turned out. Covid-19 did not spoil Halloween here! :biggrinkin: :biggrinkin:

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Oh yeah I forgot, yes i was wearing a mask. I double masked.
A nurse friend at work gave me a Halloween mask and I wore that over a surgical mask. The kids didn't wear masks at all nor did their parents. Just saying.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
We only had 5 TOTs tonight.

But I did receive a Halloween Display Award from a local community organization again this year.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
It’s complicated ... in addition to Covid, we had a horrendous storm a few days ago. It blew down trees and cut power to thousands. One of the neighborhood trees fell and took put a couple of street lights, so our little culdesac wasn’t lit. People didn’t come down the dark street. We had about 30 people come ... and most of those came because they always want to see what I’ve come up with this time.

·
Witch-Finder of Lilburn
2,032 Posts
With the barn closed I still had 15 ToTs come by the lawn, only 2 of which were masked; not a single adult or wandering teen wore a mask, and they outnumbered the kids 5:1 at least. My kids and I were double-masked. Started around 5pm and gave up around 9:30pm. Still was kind of fun because my kids were there to help and to ambush people from the shadows. Not even my worst year, which was 6 I think.

·
Registered
447 Posts
For certain 50 kids because I pre-portioned candy bags. There were more after that but we didn't have any candy. Many folks in our neighborhood said they weren't going to allow their kids to go, so I didn't make a lot of bags. I guess they changed their minds? A few kids wore masks over the mouth and nose that matched their costumes. A handful of parents wore masks. The majority did not wear any masks. Had lots of large groups trick or treating together, up to a dozen in one group.

·
Muddled Moderator
28,265 Posts
I think Roxy counted 30, but a couple came by twice.

·
Clean "cut"
27,769 Posts
12 which is less than last year but more than some years in the past

·
Super Moderator
64,333 Posts
In addition to the ToTs Spooky1 mentioned, we also had quite a few folks stop by just to look at the display and chat a bit. Oh, and three dogs - they got Milk Bones :jol:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Had a grand total of six... three groups of two kids each. Didn't know which way to play it....the trunk-or-treats / group activities were cancelled... so didn't know if that would send more people out as families or not.

That is down from the average around 14 or 16. I think our biggest year ever was ~24 - but that was roughly an average year until the very end of the evening - I had walked outside to take one last look and shut things down and a Suburban came flying down the street, slammed on the brakes, backed up half a block and 6-8 kids jump out to trick-or-treat... so guess we found the actual soccer team!

This year, I had a "Touchless" sign out and kids could take a pre-wrapped candy bundle from the coffin-o-candy. Though I did only put up the sign for Saturday night. Not sure if I would have put it up earlier - possibly some people might have ventured out.

At least one little boy got a good scare... he was pretty apprehensive anyway, then of course he tripped a sensor and set off a burst of fog and werewolf howls... about climbed up his moms leg and I heard him say "I want to go home now!"

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,782 Posts
We had 172 TOTers, 3-four legged TOTers, and a lot of parents that had costumes on. I was very concerned with how many TOTers did not wear a mask of any kind. We used the candy chute but the kids still wanted to come up the steps. I had to stop them from taking down the caution tape we put up on purpose.

We had 3 new neighbors this year and we finally got to meet the ones up the street. They were so surprised by our yard haunt and were even more surprised when we handed a bag of pupperonis to the four-legged TOTer with them and gave them each a big candy bar. It's a nice way to welcome someone to the neighborhood.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
We're guessing close to 230-240, based on the candy we purchased and what was left. A very nice mix of folks and more families with younger children as well. They started to trickle in a little after 6 and by 8 pm the street was empty. The night had a relaxed flow to it; no throngs of older teens screaming to get into the haunt. No lines 4 houses down. We could visit and interact with people. It was a perfect evening by all accounts. This was the first year of no walk through haunt and only a few people seemed disappointed. The mausoleum facade was very well received and the projection worked flawlessly. We just had a great time!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Best estimation, we had around 350 to 400 total, ToTs and parents combined. We have a posted time on a sign at the front of our yard that we open the cemetery gates at 7:30pm, and by 7:15 we had a rowdy crowd filling our cul-de-sac clamoring to get in. Made all the work worthwhile.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
In addition to the ToTs Spooky1 mentioned, we also had quite a few folks stop by just to look at the display and chat a bit. Oh, and three dogs - they got Milk Bones :jol:
I'll have to remember that for next year ... we had some pets come with their people, too.

·
Registered
117 Posts
We had about 40 TOTers, where we usually average around 60. One of the nicer Halloween evening weathers we've had here in Iowa in a while with it being 58 degrees in the evening, although it was very windy. Had a table set up with pre-bagged treats and used my vampire prop interactively this time to talk to TOTers.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Going to say we had in the 100-150 range which is about half of what we normally get. Think the combination of C19 and it being Saturday night(parties) had people doing other things! Give me a weeknight Halloween any day! Always seems to be more in my neck of the woods!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts