Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is our new build for the 2021 Roads End/Eerie Manor Haunt 2021

We'll be keeping with the Erie Vampire Crypt theme but wanted to give some new pop to jdubbya's always awesome cemetery. SO we have decide to build a horse drawn hearse.
There have been several built here on the forum and elsewhere so I had plenty of fodder and pics.
Ours is an overall 12' long (minus the horse) so it will be a central component of the cemetery this year.
Jdubbya scored some awesome carriage wheels locally for us to use. We had a good first day of building with more to come this weekend.
The hearse will have an added feature that we'll reveal at the end...

(*Roxy, I'm sorry to disappoint but no foam for me this year!!)

On to the show...

·
Super Moderator
64,251 Posts
What, no foam carving from the master of making foam dust?!? I am so bummed now:p:ROFLMAO::p:LOL:

Always love seeing what you guys come up with every year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I started drawing plans for next year's horse drawn hearse. Mine isnt near as good as yours. Cant wait to see the finished project.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
This is going to be a fun build and as Mark said, will add a new twist to the cemetery. Our yard is small so whatever we do there has to be compact and to scale. The hearse will definitely be noticed! Typically this time of year we'd be starting to set up the haunt building at our storage warehouse and getting ready to start placing props, lights etc. Since we scaled back last year, it's really refreshing to have so much less work to do in preparation, and be able to focus on one or two things rather than a 5 room haunted house. We're looking forward to adding a few elements to last year's theme and being able to focus on all the small details we love.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More work done on the hearse this past weekend. Jdubbya came to my house and we managed to get the framework/base done, mounted the hearse carcass to the frame and get the rear wheels mounted. Most of the weight is supported by 3/4" black pipe and the rest by the wheels. Should be fairly sturdy and hold up to any wind/weather well.

Next build day should finish up the wheel mounting in the front (they'll be the same width as the ones in the back and able to turn slightly), the roof of the hearse, and starting on putting in some trim and the fancy work on. Then it will be off to painting (flat black w/ dark brass highlights) and some lighting for some front lanterns. Our one hope is that Home Depot comes through on the horse I ordered over a month ago otherwise we'll have to find an alternate source to pull the darn thing.

SO sorry for the mannequin nudity. NSFW o_O (Told you we should throw some pants on him Jdubbya!)

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Reactions: jdubbya

·
Super Moderator
64,251 Posts
LOL at the “sensitive content” warning for an unclothed mannequin:D

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
I'll bring some clothes for him on our next work day. Going to stop at Goodwill today after work and see what I can find. That "sensitive content" thing is hilarious! Yes folks, get the kids inside and lock the doors! The hearse is coming along very nicely. Mark's design is spot on. Fun to see the wheels go on and get an idea of what it will look like with a driver. We hope to have it completed by the end of September and that will give us time to play with the effect we have planned for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh my virgin eyes! 😂😂😂 It looks great y'all! All that hard work is paying off, thats going to be an awesome piece!!

·
Registered
653 Posts
That looks fantastic! Can’t wait to see it finished although I will be traumatized for months over that naked mannequin ha ha!!

·
Batty Beautiful
5,645 Posts
Wow! That looks amazing!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JDubbya and I got to spend another day on the hearse and we made a good bit of progress. Mounted the front wheels and axle. Trim work mostly completed and the roof on. JDubbya brought the mirror for the back that he did a fantastic job of aging. Looks amazing. AND for you prudes we dressed the mannequin!!

We finished a few other odds and ends and experimented with the horse a bit. We have some tack coming and plumes for the horse.

Next step is paint. We're going with a matte or satin finish and will go all black with gold/bronze highlights on the trim. JDubbya also scored some really cool lanterns and some scrollwork we'll incorporate! Coming together! We still have one more surprise that we'll reveal at the end so check back!

·
Typing Lunatic
2,905 Posts
"AND for you prudes we dressed the mannequin!!"
Thanks for the laugh.
The build is coming together great and is good to see you both in the pictures.

·
Super Moderator
64,251 Posts
Well, it’s about time you two addressed that “sensitive content” issue:p

The hearse is looking fabulous!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"AND for you prudes we dressed the mannequin!!"
Thanks for the laugh.
The build is coming together great and is good to see you both in the pictures.
Thanks! We were going to go with a g-string and pasties to get past the NSFW censors but went full on Abraham Lincoln instead. We'll get some pain on it this weekend and add some odds and ends.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, it’s about time you two addressed that “sensitive content” issue:p

The hearse is looking fabulous!
Thank you, thank you! You know us! We're nothing if not risque'! Well.....Jdubbya is anyway. I am the very picture and definition of decorum!

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Thank you, thank you! You know us! We're nothing if not risque'! Well.....Jdubbya is anyway. I am the very picture and definition of decorum!
I'm working on my g-string and pasty costume for the big night as we speak. That'll be the scariest thing out there!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts