Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ... so what's creepy and scary and frightening and will make the weak-hearted cry?

No, not teenagers. (Although, yes ... but not in this case.)

Clowns.

They're scary, and you know it. I think I'll have some Murder Clowns, and stalker Clowns, and "Just standing in the bushes staring at you" clowns ...

AtmosFX makes a pretty good Clown Theme projection for the window or door, so I can do that. Broken carnival music ... dancing multi-colored lights ... bloody balloons ...

Yeah. This could work.

·
Clean "cut"
27,454 Posts
You are a Spook for sure

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
We did a clown/creepy "carnevil" theme a few years back and it was without a doubt our most un-nerving haunt to date. So many people were freaked out.

·
Super Moderator
64,186 Posts
Geez, clowns, had to go there, didn’t you?:googly:

·
Super Moderator
64,186 Posts
LOL, Doc, you’re evil to the core:googly::D

·
Super Moderator
64,186 Posts
Nice job!

·
Muddled Moderator
28,241 Posts
Killer Clowns from outer space! Now those were creepy.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm working on all sorts of different clown faces. Each type of clown has a unique feel to it. The chaotic clowns are by far the most creepy to me ... the smearing makeup, the dirty costume. But for my face, I think I'm going to go with this:

It's a foam prosthetic that I painted. I have to try out different wigs and hats until I find the combo I like. Thank goodness for photoshop. It makes that task much easier.

Here are two more I've done this week:

I have a couple of really inexpensive Tyvek Hazmat suits that I'm going to paint and use as clown suits.

I'm really having fun with this one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
These are brilliant! I really like the zombie looking one with the crazy orange hair, it has an unsettled look to it. The use of different eye sizes too was a great way to convey that feeling, messes with the humans naturally inclination to symmetry!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

And here's a Hobo Clown. I took one of my original monster masks and reached up inside and folded his fangs inside, then glued his mouth shut. Give him a wine bottle and he looks sad and pathetic. Give him a bloody knife and he looks like he'd stab you for 35¢.

·
Super Moderator
64,186 Posts
Great gruesome makeovers, Doc!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

This is a store-bought. It's hard plastic with a hinged mouth. VERY inexpensive (or I wouldn't have bought it!) All I did was glue in some beady little eyes.

Another store-bought ... just the mask. Cheap plastic half-mask, but was only $2.00 at WalMart. I had the other accessories.

(I have to admit, it's so much easier to drop in the images now!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve been banned by the wife from ever doing a clown theme. Shame, because I would love to do some creepy clown tricks.

One of the best things I saw on some haunted house video was a mirrored room with all these mannequins dressed up as clowns.. or were they? A couple live actors dispersed amongst the “dummies” made for great jump scares.

Also would love to recreate the scene in Hell House with the three clowns turning their heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
64,186 Posts
Gee, I can’t imagine what could have startled her. After all, it’s only a creepy-a$$ CLOWN:eek::oops:o_O

·
Super Moderator
64,186 Posts
LOL, Doc:p

1 - 20 of 35 Posts