Haunt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Looks like that turned out really neat! I always love the way the ghosts bob and weave along the line. Looks like you have some pretty stiff wind and they are fighting for dear life at a few turns!

I'm watching the vid without sound and in bits and pieces between ToTs, but I have to ask - in the early portion of the video, it looks like the drive line is crossed over itself at the main pulley. How the heck are the ghosts navigating that? I just can't picture it in my brain! lol.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like that turned out really neat! I always love the way the ghosts bob and weave along the line. Looks like you have some pretty stiff wind and they are fighting for dear life at a few turns!

I'm watching the vid without sound and in bits and pieces between ToTs, but I have to ask - in the early portion of the video, it looks like the drive line is crossed over itself at the main pulley. How the heck are the ghosts navigating that? I just can't picture it in my brain! lol.
Crazy wind the day before but we knew if it could handle Sunday winds, it would easily handle Monday wind. Ended up raining early Monday morning up until it was TOO LATE TIME so we reattached it around 4 pm. Rain died shortly before 5 and it ran flawlessly for 5 hours. I addressed the drive line question in the video im uploading right now but ill break it down. The drive line was to compensate for lack of contact on drive pulley slippage. a reverse "drive line" with the white princess auto clothesline made the outer pulleys in fact drives, and it rode above all the fishing line cable and just in a reverse way that both cables only had 2 points or areas where they could interfere with the other. we quickly added 2 guide rails and it was running awesome.

Problems- Never added spinners to the drive line and after a couple hours it twisted and stretched and the system lost traction again.

Would have taken forever to replace with a larger pulley for the drive and then a dimmer to slow it back down so i just had to science a little on the tensioner and allow it an up and down axis while simply adding some shreds of duct tape to the small drive pulley.

The Axworthy success made my lack of a properly working light show more bearable lol.

Check out the vid. Im going to do a full build video SOON TOO HAD SO MUCH FUN WITH THIS ONE!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts