Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
WOw! Incredible, doc. I'm willing to bet you would still have a following of people who would want to buy them because of limited time or just don't want to mess with doing it themselves because of talent, or fear of messing it up. :D

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, maybe so, this is just an adhoc assembly to see if it could be done. You have to realize, when I built it, there were no 3 axis mechs available to to go by. If/when I do sell these, the parts would be machined properly. I have plans for the two blocks to be machined which would not only look cleaner, but reduce the size of it, since this assembly used angle aluminum and skateboard bearings.

·
Banned
764 Posts
Thanks for posting that ....It explains a lot of questions i had except for one i see how the tilt works but having a problem understanding how the tilts works with it attached to the skull...is the skull hole where the spinal cord would go enlarged for movement?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Hey Dr.M nice work. I totally agree with SI. People are willing to spend the money (especially at that price) rather then spend all the time and effort we put into these skulls. I don't think a person can fully appreciate all the work that it takes untill you try to build one, especially from scratch! Your trully a pioneer, keep it up!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Most impressive Dr. M.! True mechanical genius! Especially since you started from scratch. I've been monitoring your progress for some time in hopes that you would post your design. Based on the design, the use of "off the shelf" parts, and of course the results, I must applaud.

You said you used "skate board bearings". Could you be a little more descriptive and where you buy them. I'm obviously not a skate boarder.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are standard skateboard wheel bearings from a local skateshop. Skateshops are EVERYWHERE...Go to one, ask for wheel bearings. My son got the ones I used, so I dont know the brand, but they were only 10 bucks for a bag of 8. Don;t get the expensive ones, these bearings won't be spinning 360 degrees, let alone fast down the road, or supporting the weight of a human.

·
Registered
54 Posts
1/4" bolts, 1/8" aluminum flatstock and $2 roller bearings from a local fastenal store. Took me all day on saturday but well worth it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts