Haunt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen this before? I saw it posted on a facebook group called Halloween Pictures but the groups organizer doesn't know where it came from. My husband and I want to make something similar but we don't know where to start in creating the body. We want to attach it to our old TV antenna and have it look like its crawling over our roof.

Anybody got any ideas?? LOL

·
Clean "cut"
26,997 Posts
Holy buckets, I have no suggestions but if you make one be sure and post pics

·
Humanitarian of the Year
4,241 Posts
Has anyone seen this before? I saw it posted on a facebook group called Halloween Pictures but the groups organizer doesn't know where it came from. My husband and I want to make something similar but we don't know where to start in creating the body. We want to attach it to our old TV antenna and have it look like its crawling over our roof.

Anybody got any ideas?? LOL
First step make a 30' armature :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Start with a pumpkin seed, Miracle Grow and a human sacrifice. The trick is trying to get rid of him after Halloween is over.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think that was made by Adam Davis . I remember reading an interview with him where he said he stuffed the eye sockets with bird seed so the crows would peck the eyes out . Good luck with building your version , be sure to post pics .
Clever idea. Kind of an eww also.
Then again it is just twisted enough I'd do it.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
You might be able to construct partial armatures using 2" pvc since it sounds like you have more than one structure to support the weight of your prop, you have the roof of your house and the old antenna. You could get away with making just a torso section then long sections for the legs supported at different places and cover the prop with fabric to appear to be a single structure. Roll and tape bubble wrap with rope in the middle to make filler sections as needed. The prop in the pic above has to be very light for it's size because that telephone pole is only in the ground 3' at most and there are no down guy lines to stabilize it. If a prop that size had a lot of weight it would pull that pole over with a gust of wind.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes that is Eric Lowther from Haunted Overload. That particular pumpkin monster was at his home haunt. Since then he has made a 25' tall witch, a 30' Clown a 30' Ghost among others. He does use telephone poles for stability and it is costly.

www.hauntedoverload.com

I was also very inspired by him , so I built an 18' Pumpkin Monster last year. I made a giant head and hat and then used a 12' ladder for the body, wrapped it in varying cloths, then created scarecrow style arms using tree limbs and sticks. I ran tube and fog up through the head and out the mouth so he breathed fog.

I documented the whole build if you would like to see:
http://www.stopandeattheroses.com/2012/11/the-build-of-giant-pumpkinhead.html

There is video of the install in the blog post as well.

·
Slowly Losing My Mind
2,820 Posts
Holy freaking crap!
No need to compete for making the largest prop. It's been done.
I love that thing!
I am seriously impressed by the size of the build.
Beautiful pumpkin head. It's huge!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts