Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 750watt strobe WITH a Chauvet strobe controller...WOW...
The lightning is incredible. The strobe has a mono cable attachment to daisychain more strobes in a row. I paid $52 for the strobe and $22.95 for the controller. I am creating a thundertrack to play to illuminate our graveyard.

Those strobes range in price from $89 to $150 so $52 bucks is a great deal.
I am going to order another one for the other side of the house (although I probably dont need it). He has them as a "buy it now" and shipping is reasonable at $12.95

I got them on Ebay, the company name is sixstardj and you can find them by searching for their name on ebay. It came in about 5 days and they had great communication with me. The standard strobe you buy at party city or Spirit are 35 watts, so you can imagine the difference. Once I get the thunder track done I will make it available to all of you.

Melty

·
Registered
270 Posts
Damn Melty,750 watts,do those come with sunscreen 85 ?! I'm using 500 watters,but 750 sounds better....

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea...and the price is good too!

I am working on a video but wont have my graveyard set up, its pretty blinding. It is able to link to other strobes via a mono cable so ill have two, one on each side of the house to provide lightning to the graveyard, it will flash 14 times a second when the booms hit. It also does random flashes to make it even more "real". The Chauvet strobe controller is cool to as it really only picks up the larger "booms" from the audio. It has an adjustment knob for sensitivity and flashes.

The deminsions (strobe) are 14 X 10.5 x 8 its fairly big and heavy and is 120v (plug it in)

If you need more info, let me know as I will work on a video to show the brightness.

Melty

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought the same question..

Not sure though..it may just pop the fuse OR it could blow the bulb (not good) OR it could damage either unit...scary. But then again..it could work great!

I wouldn't try it unless someone qualified here can make that call.

Melty

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've run 2 of the 500 watt flood lamps on one of those special FX boxes,being its a momentary thing & being the boxes are only 500watt capable,they hold at 600-650 watts at start & made to handle 500 watts for long "on" periods before poping a fuse.The worst you'll do is pop the fuse,damage to the box could happen over long hrs of operation with 2 750's.That is a strain to something made cheap over seas......(if your referring to the $11-$35 SFX boxes),& they may not fully light up a couple of 750's due to a limited (500 watt) capability.I'm pushing it at 1000 watts........1500 hmmm, i think that is pushing it a little.If you have 2 you could run a splitter to 2 boxes & use 1 per box should be fine,& again worst then would pop the fuse.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The Chavet strobe controller has the audio input "built in" so why would you need the Special F/X unit? Just curious I read this thread a few times and maybe I missed something? This strobe controller is only $23

Thanks meldown great link /great price!!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You are correct...

I dont need it, but one of the threads above me asked about overloading the scare f/x box, so I just replied that it WAS possible to damage something due to the high wattage. I wont use it, but others might "experiment" with those big strobes.

No problem Halloweenguy! I was so disappointed in the results of last years strobe output that I wanted something that REEEEEAlly put out some light. I think two 750's autta do it...

·
Registered
155 Posts
We used these type in last years haunt...They really blast out some light!! One thing to note is... buying the strobe controller is a must. We were going to create are own hack using the mono audio input jacks and found out these inputs are not just simple "dry contacts" to activate the strobe function as we originaly thought. They use some pulses at a non standard voltage range. very odd

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just emailed him...

I asked if we placed a larger order, possibly 5-10 or 10+ what kind of deal can we get. I had to email him to order this one as he did not have it listed either. His communication is good so I expect to hear from him today (Monday).

I will post when I have some answers!! Stand by....

Melty

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.