Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No desire to work on props or my house decorations. Fall and Halloween seems so far away this week with our temps staying in the 100s. I’ve lost all desire to work on my props and can only make it through this work week…I hope. I work in a large hangar and it get HOT inside…wish me luck! :(

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
yesterday it was soooo hot outside that I could not go outside for more than a minute or so, so I was "locked" in my basement with nothing to do but watch Creepshow and work on my props. It was cooler down there. Not sure what I will be up to tonight, its supposed to be 45 here which is hotter than hades, or hotter than what we are used to anyway...

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
It's supposed to be high 90's here today, that's cooler than it was over the weekend here..lol and still not the best conditions for working on props. When it's hot like that I feel drained and uncreative, probably why I like Autumn weather the best..lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hang in there EITD! Hope the propbuilding itch replaces that heat rash real quick...

I can't complain where I am (but I still will) - we were at 81 degrees F yesteday, with a nice ocean breeze blowing through...down to about 68 degrees last night.

I'll throw in my surf report:
Surf report for Huntington Beach, CA July 17th, 2006
3-4 foot with fair shape, some sets coming in at 5'+ - water temp: 68 air temp: 71 (9am)

Wish you guys were here...be one hell of a party...

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
You're right there Hella!
I only worked Saturday on props. The garage was way too hot and smelled of paint stripper so I did as much work as I could inside.

When it was near or above 100 all week it was hard to get motivated so I went to Michaels and that's all I needed. I can't wait for them to get the rest of the inventory in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree, it was low to mid 100's where I am at and supposed to stay that way until like Thurdsay. YIKES................I usually want to stay inside and do nothing.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I work swings (2:30pm-12:00am) and when I get home at 12:30 it's nice and I want to build but, after a few hours sleep and a 20 degree temp rise I lose my motovation. Maybe I will take a trip to Michaels or move to the basement like you guys/gals and see if that helps.

Well I'm off to work.....

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
NJ checking in....103 degrees here today. One good thing about it though is that noone wants to go outside so when I went grocery shopping today....NO LINES! Bad parts...#1, to hot to even think about prop building and #2, every relative that we haven't heard from since last summer suddenly remembers us and wants to come use the pool! One of these days I'll learn not to answer the phone!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I have it but not on the phone in the garage, which is where I was when they called. Oh well, back outside to make sure they don't drown. Although...I'm getting visions of one of the final scenes of Poltergeist...corpses in the pool. Maybe I'll stop off for a drink of water before heading back outside :p

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
Yeah - the motivation button is broken when it comes to working on anything today or tomorrow. :( When I get home from work today, the only thing I'm doing is making sure all the rabbits are OK and have enough water. Then I will have to check the pool water to make sure it's wet! :D

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
According to Accuweather, it's only 88 now... I don't believe that for a second. It's easily at least 91 or more out there right now.

Fortunately for me, I had a slow day at work, so I was able to work on my bucky rocking in a chair (a-la Scary Terry) today in the cool confines of our air conditioned building.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Hellrazor said:
yesterday it was soooo hot outside that I could not go outside for more than a minute or so, so I was "locked" in my basement with nothing to do but watch Creepshow and work on my props. It was cooler down there. Not sure what I will be up to tonight, its supposed to be 45 here which is hotter than hades, or hotter than what we are used to anyway...
did i read this right??? you think 45 at night is hot???

lol

i'm in the boat w/the other folks...........100+ degree days.........difference for me is i'd rather be outside than inside

·
Registered
842 Posts
FYI to anyone ever visiting Florida. The news channels here always lie by 5 degrees on average. If they say it is 95 it is 100 and if they say it is 50 it is 45. They do this to not scare away the tourists, but the thermometers tell the truth!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts