Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Master of Scaremonies
12,932 Posts
First they tell me a tomato is a fruit and not a vegetable, then they tell me Pluto is no longer a planet and now THIS??? What is the world coming to? :googly:

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
What about a wrapper? Is that a sandwitch? I had a ham, bacon, cheese wrapper and I ate it like a sandwitch. If not, what the hell is it?

·
Are you always like this?
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah ahahaha!

More provoking thoughts:

While a wrap and a burrito both use tortillas, are they still different? Could it be that a wrap is more of a regular sandwich with a tortilla instead of two slices of bread (same fillings)? A burrito uses different fillings all together, and a combo of things you would never put on two slices of bread. - well most people wouldn't... ;)

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
If you think that is bad, think of it this way. Eventhough they say a burrito isn't a sandwitch, to someone who is Hispanic, may view the burrito as a sandwitch. A burrito may not be a sandwitch in American culture, but in other cultures where sandwitches are not used, it maybe considered a sandwitch.

That being said, does that mean that a Gyro isn't a sandwitch either?

·
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, Gyros is served in a pita, which is a type of bread... therefore it's a:

Sandwich!!!

As for the burrito, is it actually Mexican or is it an American adaption?

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
IMAO. Now Grapegrl has me confused. Sandwitches and Hamburgers.. OH God! They have veggie burgers and I have rolled up lunch meat and put it into a hamburger bun. Does that mean the sandwitch I made was really a mexican hamburger. Oh crap, I don't know. LOL.

I thought the burrito was Mexican. Plus don't they make the tortilla with flour like they do bread?

·
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I honestly don't know! LOL :googly:

And I don't know if a burrito is Mexican in original or an American derivative!

Yes, tortillas are made with flour... and corn... but is it a bread? What makes bread, bread. Surely not just yeast - look at corn bread, zucchini bread, etc.

:confused:

·
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
: LOL

I was humored by the news article and thought it would provide fun conversation? LOL

<yes, I'm bored... > :cool:

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
OK - here's one - what about the stromboli? Same thing - yeast dough with ham, cheese, and/or pepperoni slices but it's baked. You never see that as a sandwich item - it is always listed under pizza items. Why can't that be listed under hot sandwiches (grilled cheese sandwich, hot ham & cheese sandwich)?

·
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:googly:

Would a calzone fall under the same classification as a stromboli?

·
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Don't bite off more than you can chew!!! :) :p

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
I think a calzone has sauce in it where a stromboli has meat and cheese. That would classify a calzone to be a pizza product. Right?

·
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think a calzone has sauce in it where a stromboli has meat and cheese. That would classify a calzone to be a pizza product. Right?
I've always thought of a calzone as a wrapped pizza... the dough is the same as pizza crust. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts