Haunt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Are you always like this?
3,290 Posts
At first I thought they'd be pictures from a "dive" i.e. grimy nightspot... LOL

Those are great pictures. I used to dive many moons ago. That crab looks enormous! How big was he?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
how long was that eel?

that crab looks like he could take your finger off

·
3,290 Posts
What type of underwater camera do you have?

I have underwater shots, but it was a long time ago. I'm guessing that the technology has moved on since '92.

The color in those pictures is amazing.

14,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All digital now, but have been using a 3 yr old sony.
I had a chance to use a SeaLife camera this last trip and was pretty impresses with it. I'll see if my friend can send a me a few pics of what was taken with that camera.
Since then I've contacted the company to set an account.
If there is enough interest I'll do a group buy on these cameras.

And glad you liked the pics.

If you follow the link above you can see a few from Lake Supreior.

·
3,290 Posts
The crabs on this trip were hugh, biggest I've seen yet.
If you look at the 1st picture, the crab on the reef at night (video camera to the right) gives you an idea how big they were.

Why did you quit diving?
I became certified when I lived in the Virgin Islands. My ex boyfriend was a scuba instructor... problem is, I did the whole course, etc., etc., and when it came time to send in the completion form, I lost it. Then we left the island and split up.

SO, I've never been diving since. I was pretty spoiled, learning in the Caribbean and we took two week-long trips to Cozumel. :) Because he was an instructor, I always went down technically under his supervision...

I really enjoyed it. :)

·
3,290 Posts
Spoiled by being easy, yes, but to do cold and she cool ships...
yeah, I like the warm stuff too!

It wouldn't take much to redo!?
Where are you living now?
No, I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult and the whole dive-table stuff would probably come right back. There are lots of wrecks in the Great Lakes... we used to dive the wreck of the Rhone in the British Virgin Islands. The deeper end went down to around 90-95 feet, if I remember correctly...

I live in the far western fringe of suburban Chicago.

14,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well Crap Ms. Wicked, you're not that far away at all.
We did a trip into Chicago 2 yrs ago, stayed down town and did a 2 day 4 dive trip in Lake MI.
We've talked about doing one this yr. (well the dive shop has) .

I had the pleasure of being with Rob and Atalie (BodyBag Entertainment) when they did their open water certs.

·
3,290 Posts
I guess that would mean getting a wet suit...

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed diving. I'll have to dig up some of my old pictures...

So they did their certification in Lake Michigan? I've never dove in fresh water, only salt, which is more boyouant... still maybe I'd do it again. I'll have more time on my hands soon...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts