Haunt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to see a section devoted to peoples favorite links. It was a link section on another forum that led me here. Oh, wait, maybe that's not good then, lol. Vlad

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm. I guess what I meant to say, is I wish there was a way to distinguish the different kinds of links. Prop how to's vs. come see my site, or even more off track. Placing a link in a section like props, dooms it to getting buried in time.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Ah, I see what you're saying. Perhaps I could make a sub-forum inside the propbuilding forum for how-to links. Is that along the lines of what you're suggesting?

I do have plans of someday creating a searchable database of how-to projects. Something along the lines of the Monster List or Hauntproject.com, but arranged in categories like the way the Yahoo search engine of old used to work.

On a somewhat related note, nothing is ever truly buried. Every thread has a list of Similar Threads at the bottom of it. Scroll all the way down to see what I mean. So every time a new thread is posted, if there's an older thread that has anything in common with the new one (like for instance, it contains the phrase "how-to") it will appear in the similar threads of the new thread.

I can even periodically "reset" all the similar threads so old threads have links to newer threads in them.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Don't hate suggestions, that's why I put the forum for suggestions here. I'm all about giving people what they want within the bounds of what I think would be useful. I'll get right on it as soon as I'm done reading the rest of the new messages. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts