Haunt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm constructing a skeleton cage; top and bottom are 16 inch square. Opted to go square instead of round for a couple reasons. Bars will be 3/4 inch pvc. I'm trying to get the dang spacing right but no matter what I do it's off. Can someone throw out a formula or better yet, a measurement for spacing the bars evenly, both from the edge and between each other. I'm also really tired and can't focus on this. It's probably simple but I'm not getting it. I'm looking at 4 bars on each side with the corner bars being common (12 bars total).
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
511 Posts
Wow! Talk about service with a smile!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do believe this will work! Thanks Woody!
Very much appreciated.:)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup! Worked out well. Really have to force the pvc into the holes:eek:. I may try a bit of grease just to help it along. Then I can put a small screw into each to hold it. It's shaping up though. Thanks again!:jol:

·
Registered
60 Posts
You can also check your home and garden store, they have 2', 4', 8' and 10' plant stakes for 99 cents each (2 months ago, maybe cheaper now). They are steel with a green plastic coating, and little ribs every 6 inches. The bars will be narrower but you can't beat the price.

·
Banned
764 Posts
Yup! Worked out well. Really have to force the pvc into the holes:eek:. I may try a bit of grease just to help it along. Then I can put a small screw into each to hold it. It's shaping up though. Thanks again!:jol:
i can help with the grease look into lithium grease little goes a long way.....its not a heavy grease so easier clean up ....it wont be realy messy .....get at autoparts store

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i can help with the grease look into lithium grease little goes a long way.....its not a heavy grease so easier clean up ....it wont be realy messy .....get at autoparts store
Thanks. I actually just bored out the holes a bit and they fit good. Put a small screw through the wood and into each pipe for extra hold.:)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And the pics of this new prop are where exactly?
I'm one of the unfortunate few that doesn't own a digital camera:( , however...I know some folks who will lend me one. I hope to do this soon as I put a couple other things together so with any luck, I'll have some up in a week or so.:jol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts