Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"Elm Street" Remake is being shot at my High School!

I just got news from my old video teacher that the "Nightmare on Elm Street" remake is being shot at my old high school, Barrington High School in Illinois!

Apparently, they are filming in our pool, gymnasium, and a classroom. Also, they are filming one street over on our actual Elm St.

I'm super excited, and I will definitely be taking many photos when I return to Illinois for the Summer.

They begin shooting the first week of May.

I will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've actually been speaking with the production office to see if I could get an internship. But it doesn't look likely.

We may be producing a small "Welcome" video for the cast/crew, though. A sort of parody of what it would be like if Freddy Kruger worked at our school.

I'll post it when it's done.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
You may have more luck getting in as a gopher. Then at least you would be on set still.

Then you have access to the director and producers casually.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Who's making this? Michael Bay? Kill him.

I'm sorry, the madness has to stop. Someone please explain to me what the **** was wrong with Nightmare on Elm Street that merits a remake. Hollywood is a cesspool brimming with the ****-for-brains of ponytailed fat bastards in Armani suits who lack even enough imagination to write a decent conceptual ripoff. I don't mean to upset anyone who's looking forward to this, but I don't care how excited people get about this piece of ****e being made. I'm sorry.

I hope it bombs at the box office, fails in rentals, and never makes its money back. This is a seriously raw nerve for me, and now it's focused on one of my absolute favorite horror movies of all time.

Just my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
64,106 Posts
I'm looking forward to the pardoy, Moore. I know the sound track will be lovely.

·
Master of Scaremonies
12,932 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I'm sorry, the madness has to stop. Someone please explain to me what the **** was wrong with Nightmare on Elm Street that merits a remake. Hollywood is a cesspool brimming with the ****-for-brains of ponytailed fat bastards in Armani suits who lack even enough imagination to write a decent conceptual ripoff. I don't mean to upset anyone who's looking forward to this, but I don't care how excited people get about this piece of ****e being made. I'm sorry.

I hope it bombs at the box office, fails in rentals, and never makes its money back. This is a seriously raw nerve for me, and now it's focused on one of my absolute favorite horror movies of all time.

Just my opinion.
As a matter of fact, Rev, we're covering this on the new Hauntcast......

·
Banned
48 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Just my opinion.
All I can say , ( being new here ) is

WOW ! ! !​

did someone **** ih his Wheaties this morning , or what ?

Dude , you honestly need to take a chill pill there before you blast off and pop a cork .
Hey , how do ya know that after this new one is done , that maybe , JUST , maybe ... it MIGHT be :
one of my absolute favorite horror movies of all time.
?????????????????????????????????

Don't know till its out and you get to see it , huh ?
meanwhile ..
chill out a smidge before you go off into popping some major blood vessels
and then , that coffin you were thinking about making , just MIGHT end being yours for REAL ! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
64,106 Posts
Rev is just expressing in a colorful way what we all think at some point - why a remake of something we feel was "done right" the first time? I don't have any strong feelings one way or another about this particular film, but I certainly have my own favorites that I couldn't imagine being remade ("Gone With the Wind" comes to mind, as does "The Wizard of Oz"). And of course, surely it must be true that a remake can be a pleasant surprise, simply because it presents a point of view you hadn't imagined.

I think "wait and see" is a good approach here. I'm sure Moore will keep us posted. I'm also sure that Rev meant no harm or insult to the thread and just needed to vent a bit.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I was listening to RFR a few weeks back and Jonathan mentioned they are thinking about making Freddy not just a child killer, but a pedophile. I think that is just taking the Nightmare on Elm St. concept one big step over the edge.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was listening to RFR a few weeks back and Jonathan mentioned they are thinking about making Freddy not just a child killer, but a pedophile. I think that is just taking the Nightmare on Elm St. concept one big step over the edge.
I hope they don't do that! I prefer to have a supernatural horror movie that people die and get ripped apart, not just creepy guys going around touching poor children! That would be terrible! Just thinking about it makes me want to cry! :(

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm not surprised by the mixed feelings from the audience on this one. The original 'Nightmare' films are classics. However, I have high hopes for the remake.

I think we can all safely say that Freddy became more and more goofy in his later films. Almost to the point of being a joke. I'm hoping that they return Freddy to his original roots as a truly horrifying character.

I think with the advent of CGI, special make-up effects, and, of course, a MUCH bigger budget; the new 'Nightmare on Elm Street' will be a surreal, ethereal horror film for this 'gorrified' generation.

There are some films that can always be updated and still be just as good, if not an improvement as the original.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I am honestly sick or re-makes im going to give this as ive done others a chance, but i say we go to all big movie companies and cut up their Blockbuster cards, maybe we might be able to see something new, and or interesting... i dunno just my opinion.

·
Muddled Moderator
28,211 Posts
Revenant, I know how you feel. I just don't understand the need Hollywood has to remake movies that were properly the first time. I guess they feel it's a easy buck to be made, because it will have a built in audience. I cringed when I heard about the remake of "The Day The Earth Stood Still". The original is one of my favorites. The best thing we can do not go see the movie. If remakes of classic movies don't make money, maybe they'll be force to think of something original (but I won't hold my breath).

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
I share Rev's thoughts to a degree, even to the point that there are few new theatre plays anymore. Just "remakes" of past plays.

At least putting a film to stage is a novel concept. I have several I'd like to see adapted. But there I'm a hypocrite. After all. how original is that?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Anyway, I believe the thread was originated by someone excited because they were remaking a classic film at their old school and hoping to participate. So to that I say that sounds really cool.

If someone wants to start a thread about whether or not they should remake classic movies or songs I'd be happy to offer my opinion.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts