Haunt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Gouls and Girlz!
I was able to get a couple of hours to put an idea I've had for a couple of years. The idea was to create a shambling zombie that moves back and forth. This, coupled with fog and strobes and it should make a kid or two not want to come to the door (more candy for me).

On with the frame:
Started by cutting out the waist board and mounting a flange to it.

Built the frame from pvc parts.

goes from right to left with two pivots in the middle and neck.

With a bit more tuning and some elastic bands helping the movement, this thing should be pretty freaking freaky.
Gotta get it some legs, build it some body and put a gruesome head and we's be shambling.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'm curious about your use of the larger pieces of pipe. Is that just to allow movement over the smaller post that it rests (is bolted to) on? Sometimes I will just use what I have available and it may look like there's some significance, but I'm thinking that's not the case here.

I'm also anxious to see this completed. I wouldn't have thought of designing him this way and I really like how this looks.

·
Capt'n Pirate MacGyver
3,070 Posts
I believe it's to give it a little "extra" movement (side to side).

Nice design ... curious to see it in action. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, there was a design in mind with the larger than normal tube over the smaller one. The effect I was looking for was for it to appear to shamble from side to side with the dangling arms. I also wanted the head to lop from side to side, hence the neck joint. It took some imagineering but it runs pretty good. I'll try to put a movie of the frame in action sometime soon. I need to do the elastic next to make the 'wobbly' movement and to help the deer motor as it tends to strain and reverse on the inside rotation. Though, that does give it a little nudge which is livable if I can't get the elastic to tune it. Thanks for the kind comments and of course, ask if you have any questions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts