Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, folks. As usual, it's made of my old standard..... white styrofoam. I had a really unique piece from a packing crate that was perfect for the rib cage. The skull is a store-bought foam piece that I carefully cut the jaw loose from and lengthened the jaw bones with Model Magic clay.
I have a storage locker with a bunch of my household "spillover" stuff in it but that is partially full of the ship, so I think this is gonna be "stored" out in the backyard till Halloween (my wife'll shoot me).

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Looks Cool Dread.. will look great with the rest of your setup

·
Are you always like this?
3,290 Posts
I can't wait to see more pictures! It's looking great!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again, folks. Yeah, I'll keep the photos coming as I move along on it. Buckaneerbabe, don't know if you've gone to my site, but the back end (wreckage of the steering deck) can be seen there. Of course most of it is buried in the sand (my lawn), since it's just wreckage, but you'll get the idea. Whenever I need to make a "frame", I use the really thick styro... the inch and a half stuff, to make ribs, support walls, whatever I need. The only thing you need to put these things together is Liquid Nails for Projects and Foam, and long wood deck screws. You can actually treat this stuff just like it is wooden plank, screwing the parts together gently after you apply the Liquid Nails. It's loads of fun.....

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Well this project is about 95% complete, so here are the last photos till Halloween. Still have to add the skeletal hands gripping the ship, darken and weather the tongue, and paint the metal bands black. Finishing touches for Halloween will be some old rotted sail lying on the mast, rope, and chain.
Im going to work on a pop-up next (pop-out, actually), then I'll build the figurehead for the HMS Swift. I have more photos, so I'll probably trade these out tomorrow. Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts