Haunt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, since there seems to be mass confusion as to what went on in chat Thursday night and whom it concerned, I will clarify as best as I can.

The people involved were contacted via Private Message. If you didn't get a PM about the issue, you were not the "offender" here. We always deal with issues we are aware of privately and immediately via PM or the infraction system. I will not go into who was contacted or for what reason out of respect for privacy. I expect the people involved to do the same.

Which brings me to another issue. I can read private messages in chat via the chat log. I don't do it unless I am made aware of someone doing something wrong in there, and at that, I only read through the parts of chat that concern the issue at hand. It's a feature that is on and can not be shut off. The chat software logs all the chat messages -- public and private -- in a single table, so when I look at a chat log, it's all there. I do my best to not read the private stuff... but it is visible to me, so I inevitably "see" it there.

Additionally, I'm told that if a user presses the "Save" button, it will also display all chat messages to everyone. I'm not too keen on this behavior of the chat software, so I have disabled this feature. This means that no chat logs are visible to users any more.

Third issue about chat. If a moderator is in there and thinks something bad is starting to go down, they may ask you what is going on or ask that you take a break, etc... do not ignore the moderator. Answer their query so they can try to establish if there even is a problem in the first place. A lot of you have a special sort of rapport amongst yourselves outside the realm of the forum and sometimes this can spill over into the forums and/or chat where others are not aware of it. This can be confusing to people not in the know (for instance, newbies or other members/moderators not in the loop). So, to avoid confusion in the future, the people involved need to answer the moderator's questions about what is going on. Ignoring the query makes it seem as though you're defying them, which will only lead to the assumption that dastardly deeds are afoot.

The list of who the moderators are is next to each forum on the main page, as well as through the "Forum Leaders" link at the foot of the main page. Additionally, all moderators will now be required to display their blue "M" symbol next to their names in the chat room's active users list.

I apologize for having to post this, but I want people to know what's going on. I appreciate everyone's anticipated co-operation in these issues.

If you have any questions about this or anything else, I can answer them either privately via PM or publicly via the "Questions, Comments, and Feedback Forum."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.