Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
In Memoriam
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought all my prop building was complete a couple of weeks ago but I ended up with a final prop build for my wife.
It's powered by a wiper motor and controlled by Otaku's motor controller.
Anything else we think of to build goes on the 2013 list now!

·
Registered
548 Posts
thats all there is to it???? easy for you to say! prop is awsume, the how you did it, is all GREEK to me!! I would love to learn but I had to watch video of how to wire a led 6 times..thanks to you and others here I am slowly learning. like the peek a boo!

·
Headless & Haunting
Creating a massive fundraiser haunted house for our local Scout group.
4,783 Posts
WOW he looks awesome!

·
H.B.I.C.
9,101 Posts
Hey there's still two weeks left, you can squeeze out one more! Nice prop, very smooth movement.

·
Clean "cut"
27,612 Posts
How cool is that? VERY!!

·
Super Moderator
64,295 Posts
Aww, a punny tombstone with a peeker - so cute:)

·
In Memoriam
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone.
It was a fun build. Just wish it wasn't under a time crunch but my wife knows that I can't turn down a challenge.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Halstaff fantastic job on that! I am going to have to make one for next year. I have some questions. How did you hide the bolts on the front of the tombstone or do they not go all the way through the stone? Also the limit switch do you have in connected to the relay? If I can see the circuit schematic it would clear everything up.

·
In Memoriam
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Halstaff fantastic job on that! I am going to have to make one for next year. I have some questions. How did you hide the bolts on the front of the tombstone or do they not go all the way through the stone? Also the limit switch do you have in connected to the relay? If I can see the circuit schematic it would clear everything up.
Thank you.
The bolts do go all the way through the tombstone but I countersunk the heads and used large fender washer to keep them from pulling through. I then covered them with wood filler before painting the tombstone with Drylok. You can see in the video that I left the bolts long so that if I ever need to take the tombstone off, I can hold the end of the bolt with pliers to hold it while removing the nuts. It may ruin the bolt but would allow me to take it off and replace it a couple of times if needed. For storage, I can just remove the screws that hold the pvc frame together and take it apart since I didn't glue the joints.
I don't have a schematic but here's the link to Otaku's thread that discusses the mechanism - http://www.hauntforum.com/showthread.php?t=15212 I do have a photo of the entire setup which should help.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts