Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the top of the forums, you may have noticed the new "Donate" link. Last night (Feb 28, 2006), one of the users here asked about site costs and if he could donate to help support the site. Not being one to turn down an offer for help, (the site does cost me about $230 to run annually), I've set up a donation system.

Clicking the donate link will bring you to a page where you can click a link to donate a pre-determined amount of money or send a custom dollar value if you so choose. The link will open a PayPal window inside the forums window, and then you fill out info like your name, email address, how to pay for the donation etc.

This site will remain FREE for all to use. Donations are not required and donators will not get any special treatment or hidden features or anything of the like. I run this site out of passion for the Holiday and hobby, but have realized it is expensive and that some people may like to pitch in and I'll take any help I can get. :D

·
Banned
764 Posts
how many members on this site? .....if its about 230......thats just a buck per person.......per year i find that in the chair at home weekly. if everyone would just look at it as paying there dues ...not a membership fee

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kryptonoff said:
how many members on this site? .....if its about 230......thats just a buck per person.......per year i find that in the chair at home weekly. if everyone would just look at it as paying there dues ...not a membership fee
The only problem with that is that about only 30 - 40 people are here on a regular basis, another 50 or so that post very rarely or even just one time, and 123 that have never posted at all.

I'd never make this a pay site, even if the costs warranted it. If the site ever reached a point where it was more expensive than I could handle, then I'd just cycle in some kind of advertising to supplement what I couldn't afford. I'm only adding the donations option because a few people have mentioned that they'd like to toss some $$ my way for my efforts here and to help take some of the monetary burden off my shoulders.

Thanks to those that have donated so far. I really appreciate it. :D

·
Registered
820 Posts
I sent mine, but I had trouble with the link that you've got up there, it kept kicking me out. I had to go to the actual Paypal site to do it, I think I may have got my security stuff on too high though.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Even at 20 or 30 active memeber thats only about ten bucks a head a year. I have saved more then that with the info I found for the projects I did last year. This place is well worth a few bucks.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Also had problems. not sure if it went through, I have used paypal before with out any trouble, not sure what the problem may be.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am one of those people that don't post much if at all, however i check in almost every day. I love the site and use the info and am more than happy to donate. Thanks for all the work Zombie as well as every one on the board.
cheers coffin_creature

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bone Dancer, seems like yours didn't come through. Not too sure why some people are having problems. Might be a browser version issue. Try making sure you have a pretty recent browser version (IE6 or Firefox 1.5).

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Hey Zombie, I tried to donate too...I get to the form to use my visa, and I complete it, but it says "Session expired" and makes me start over. I tried 3 times to fill out the form, but it keeps bumping me off..I haven't tried paypal yet, although I do have an account, I just need to put some money on it first.

Thought I'd let you know.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
It worked. I hope everbody kicks in a little. We all use this forum and it won't kill ya to put in a few bucks. But if it does, have them pack the body in ice and ship via express. I need a few zombie props.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks a bunch Bone Dancer. It is greatly appreciated.

My domain is up for renewal later this month, and some of the money just went towards purchasing the domain name for another two years. :D

I have enough left over after that to pay for the monthly costs of the site for the next three months. Thanks a million everyone who has contributed and to all who will be in the future.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow! Thanks Robin. You guys are seriously all THE BEST. That covers another month. :D

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just a quick update... so far, I have enough to keep the site going for the next 6 months! That's awesome! Thanks so much to everyone who gave.

The link to donate will always be there, so feel free to do so if you want to. I again say that there is no pressure to do so, and I will not treat people who do donate any differently than those who choose not to.

I'll probably make a push about the donations once a year to see what I can scrape up to help keep the maintenance costs taken care of, so this will be the last I post about it until next March.

Thanks again everyone. :D

14,925 Posts
Zombie-F said:
I again say that there is no pressure to do so, and I will not treat people who do donate any differently than those who choose not to.

:D
Oh crap! Does this mean I can't spam everyone with the email addresses I bought from you?:eek:

Jeff

Just kidding folks!
I will spam you:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts