Haunt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to post , in props section ,a very long post on how I created something. It has pictures linked offsite. I dont have a website to post it on so the whole thing will be in the one post. The pictures are well under a 100k each but the whoe thing together is several pages long, as you would read a book.

Can I post it that way or do I have break it up to different posts. If it is in one big post will people be able to see it on one web page and scroll down or will they have to click on page 2, 3 ect.. does the forum put page breaks in the post?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
HI Haunted nurons,
your internet service provider should allow you some space for a web page. that way you could create the how-to at you own pace.I would try dinking around with that first. it would make editing and stuff much easier in the long run. then you could just post the link here.

I am no guru at webpage stuff but there are quite a few here that are. give it a few minutes and someone will chime in I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Feel free to make your long post. You MAY have to split it into multiple posts as there is a maximum of 5 images per post and a maximum of 10000 characters per post.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually I have the whole thing already complete in a document with links and all ready to paste into the message body of a new post.

can I put it in a post here or should I still use an offsite webpage?

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Though, if it is some kind of how-to, you may be better off posting it to a web site. I'll leave it up to you as you're the one that has to make the effort to split the post up. Keep in mind, HTML is not allowed on this forum, so if you have your word document in HTML, you'll need to convert the HTML codes into the forum's vBcode.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Zombie-F said:
Feel free to make your long post. You MAY have to split it into multiple posts as there is a maximum of 5 images per post and a maximum of 10000 characters per post.
That information is probably in this forum somewher about the image limit per post. I should have searched for it. I have about 30 images at about 50 to 60K each.

I can post it in sections now that I know about the image limit.

thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Zombie-F said:
Though, if it is some kind of how-to, you may be better off posting it to a web site. I'll leave it up to you as you're the one that has to make the effort to split the post up. Keep in mind, HTML is not allowed on this forum, so if you have your word document in HTML, you'll need to convert the HTML codes into the forum's vBcode.
Its in text format with links to the images on photobucket. No HTML at all. It should be easy to break it up. I started to create a new thread and pasted portions of it to see if it worked properly and just exited out without posting the thread and images and text showed as they should.

I think I will break it up into parts and post it here.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts