Haunt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a reminder to be thinking about those after xmas sales. It's a good time to get outdoor lighting stuff like colored floodlite bulbs, spike flood bulb holders, extention cords, lighting controlers, reindeer for hacking to wolves, and any other animated figures.
So has you are out shopping, make a note to yourself about where you seen stuff and plan on checking back a day or two before xmas for the sales to start.
Christmas may not be the best holiday, but it still has it's uses.

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
Picking up one of those animated reindeer is definitely on the list this year:) Of course, seeing as how they're only $20 at Home Depot, it's not like we really need to wait for a sale.

·
Volat cum ea suas alas.
12,853 Posts
Keep an eye out to the trash as well after Xmas. I scored a moving head reindeer (it had some broken rattan on head) that had a perfectly good rotating-head motor inside.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Picking up one of those animated reindeer is definitely on the list this year:) Of course, seeing as how they're only $20 at Home Depot, it's not like we really need to wait for a sale.
Geee, Roxy, anybody can buy at regular price. Where is your sense of adventure, that feeling of beating the odds.

And Deb your totally right. Checking out curbys after the holidays is a must.

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
Geee, Roxy, anybody can buy at regular price. Where is your sense of adventure, that feeling of beating the odds.
LOL, I can't tell you the number of times I've heard Spooky1 say "But it's not on sale" when we're shopping:D He's quite the bargain hunter and loves to haggle as well.

·
Muddled Moderator
28,210 Posts
Geez Roxy, you make me sound like a cheapskate. :) I just like to get a bargin. Oh, we will get one of those deer for half price this year. Our graveyard needs a wolf. :p

·
Volat cum ea suas alas.
12,853 Posts
I wrapped one of mine in torn, moldy/dirty looking sheets, glued on bulging eyes & made a sign that sez MUMMY DEER-EST....

·
Evil, Wicked, Mean, Nasty
2,236 Posts
Some major store just advertised those deer for $10. But I didn't pay attention to who it was. And it wasn't a Black Friday thing.

·
Evil, Wicked, Mean, Nasty
2,236 Posts
I wrapped one of mine in torn, moldy/dirty looking sheets, glued on bulging eyes & made a sign that sez MUMMY DEER-EST....
Um...lol....that took me a minute. Now I feel stupid. But I get it. Very cute.

Btw...anyone seeing any of those great xmas sales...please share.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another thing along this line. After Christmas is a good time to check the catalog places too. Oriental Trading puts alot of thier Halloween stuff on clearance. So if you have a list of catalogs dont forget to check them out for clearance sales.

http://www.orientaltrading.com/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts