Haunt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a new prop before the weekend. Her name is Agatha and eventually I hope her to turn into a stirring witch prop. This year though, I'll be glad just to see her complete with a body! (The FCG and Stalkabout are before her on the drawing table!) I really wanted to experiment with mache though, after having used only MM. The eyes are made from little eggs, craft supply type things, with iris's printed and added. Clear nail polish is great for the shine! I'll be adding more layers of mache today - quite happy with her so far!
Please look at my blog in my signature for pics. :jol:

·
JT's Sidekick
2,630 Posts
looking good-cant wait to see the finished product!:voorhees:

·
Can't keep up with Roxy!
3,526 Posts
Looks great! What talent.

Doesn't the mache slide right off of the wig stand? How do you get the nose and the chin so far out before mache process?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bunched up paper and taped it on with masking tape to bulk up her features before adding paper towel/glue-water paper mache. Maybe that's why the mache is sticking fine - the masking tape and paper are all matte finish. She's got a few more layers on her now, I'll have to photograph her again. Thanks so much for your kind words! :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Work on Agatha has been slow, (darn multi-tasking!), but this is where her face is at now. Thanks to all you mache gurus who inspired me to give this a shot rather than my beloved MM. I'm really liking how she's coming out!

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
WoW!!!!! She looks awesome otherworldly!!!! Do we have another mache god in the making? :> Very sweet job!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts