Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in a Haunted Maze at work and they had a professional come and do all of our painting on our faces. I was wondering what type of paint that is used to do stuff like that and where can I get it? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know the guy that did all of our paiting used hairspray. i could deffinitely see a difference between the people that used the hairspray versus those that didn't.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did 99% of the make-ups that Brian linked to in the above reply.

Sweat is generally only an issue if you are a serious sweater, like sweating while standing still. Most of our actors couldn't sweat the makeup off, but there are always one or two exceptions.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yes. I did most of the base coating, and Chris did the rest after that. Most of them were white, there were a couple greys in there also. I did alot of solid blacks also, but they were usually in a completely dark hallway, or they just got white bone highlights over it.

We videotaped alot of it, and are probably going to turn it into a how-to dvd on airbrush makeup.

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
How does this handle sweating?
I am about to do airbrush make up on me for the first time tomorrow. I am coincidentally using mehrons liquid makeup too. I also purchased the barrier spray. The barrier spray is advertised as the product you put down first to prevent sweat from affecting the paint. As I understand it, you put down barrier spray then paint then when completly done put down a final layer of barrier spray.

My airbrush artist asked me what mehrons could be mixed with to thin it down. The website I referenced was confusing and stated their liquid paints could be used with "mixing liquid or barrier spray." I am glad I read the thread to see that someone actually thinned with barrier spray. It lets me know that it works well. Thank you.

I have a question:

My costume is the following:

I have yellow paint, but what color base should I put down first? White I assume? My yellow is a carnary yellow.,.....I wonder if I should mix this with anything to make it slightly...very slightly more greenish or to make it appear more fluorescent?? Any thoughts? I am sure my airbrush artist will have some idea but thought I would ask anyway.

·
Registered
81 Posts
arcuhtek <---ur occupation?? mine too. Now THAT is scary!

Appreciate the info on the "base"... Really wish I could find my airbrush/tools.. But it's been SO long. probably take me a week to get back into the groove of it again.... oh well. next year....

Be sure to post pics when you finish!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I probably wont get an answer to this quickly enough..but HELP.

I am watching the instructional video from Scream Team on how to apply make up to the FOAM prosthetic I purchased. They claim grease makeup is what is required for the foam. I have grease make up just not in yellow which I need. I have tons of yellow in the water based makeup. Now I am wondering if by using an airbrush on my foam prosthetic it will cause issues OR not "take" and just absorb?????

I have a back up costume...but I am excited about my yellow imp.

I have visions of the yellow absorbing into the foam.....so I wonder if I just covered it in white grease...then airbrushed the foam if it would work?

Anyone have experience with airbrush on foam?

After about 11 am, I wont be able to read this.....as (you know) the haunt and its final details beckon....until the end of the night.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts