Haunt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm upgrading my porch ghost from last year which was little more than a plastic skull, some bent coat hangers and cheesecloth.
Light Wood Tree Twig Shade

This year, I bought a pose and stay skeleton, but their design doesn't allow a great range of motion, so I decided to do some modifications.

I'm only using the upper part of the skeleton, so I removed the pelvic bones and legs to use on another prop.

There is a solid plastic piece that allows the arms to be posed in position and stay there. To allow more freedom of movement, this piece needs to be cut off. In order to do that, I had to loosen the screws that hold the front and back of the rib cage together and pull the arm out.
Wood Flooring Floor Couch Comfort

This picture is after the plastic piece was sawn off. You can see the posts inside of the bone where the screws hold it together. These posts are integral to the new shoulder joint.

Gesture Finger Tool Wood Nail

These bungee things looked like just the trick. They were pretty old and the elastic was worn out, so I opted to use the plastic piece and replace the bungee cord with paracord.

Hand Finger Thumb Wood Nail

I ended up not using the small orange piece next to the ball. I cut about a foot of paracord and folded it in half. I pushed the folded paracord through the hole in the ball and tied it off in a loose knot.

This is where I had to measure how much of the paracord loop I would need to go over the posts inside the arm. Once I figured that, I pulled the excess length in through the ball and tied the knot tight, pulling it into the ball.

Wood Extinction Gas Bottle Rib

Then I just popped the new shoulder joint back into the hole in the ribcage and tightened the screws back down.

White Light Human body Picture frame Lighting

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seemed pretty economical and effective. Plus it wasn't difficult. It's going to be corpsified, and shrouded in creepy cloth so the orange balls won't show. I'm going to airbrush it with some acrylic inks first.

Reactions: GhoulieLover
1 - 7 of 7 Posts