Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it's halfway to Halloween (or it was when I photographed the display), I set up a mini-haunt in my backyard. With no props at all and no electric lighting. I tried to keep it very organic and traditional, but still spooky.
Photos are on my blog, click below.
http://marrowhouse.blogspot.com/2011/05/point-of-no-return-2011.html
Hope you like it!

Btw, credit totally goes to Pumpkinrot for the witch jars and the inspiration for this whole thing.

·
Super Moderator
64,110 Posts
Nice photos, Marrow. They're very moody:)

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Nice work,you definately do not have to have expensive props and alot of money into a display to make it creepy.A dark ol scary shack back in the woods with nothing more than an evil faced glowing jack o lantern is enough.

·
Muddled Moderator
28,214 Posts
It's nice and creepy. Folks will scare themselves in a place like that.

·
Pumpkin Hill Gravekeeper
1,536 Posts
Bravo!!!! Proof positive that creepy and spooky do not need gore. Your atmosphere would have the tots terrified by their own imagination. Excellent photos by the way.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I like this. A lot. Very spooky and eerie yet simple. It looks fantastic!

In fact, if you wouldn't mind, I'd love to use this photo as one of my Halloween desktop backgrounds when I need to get in the mood :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the compliments! I plan to do another Halfway to Halloween thing next year, and possibly every year. :)

Wandererrob : Sure! No need to ask permission, any photos on my blog are free for you to download and use as wallpapers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts