Haunt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Are you always like this?
3,290 Posts
I'm just loving all of these pictures!!!!!!! I wish I knew/recognized more people in them though!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Is there a thread where there is a total of how many people were there this time? It seems to keep growing.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yes, our numbers were down a bit from last year's overwhelming attendance. But that was not a bad thing by any means in our opinion. It made for more time to visit and relax a bit as compared to last year. Do we expect this to be the trend? It’s really hard to say. In the past we have been proud of the fact of the various activities that we have initiated here that have become a part of the Ironstock signature, such as the Weasel Ball, the coffin races, and of course the fashion show. These activities have been so popular that many other gatherings and events, both large and small, have copied them in an attempt to recreate the Ironstock atmosphere that has evolved over the years. This indeed may affect our numbers in the future, but myself, and many other, believe that no matter how much Ironstock is emulated elsewhere, we will still retain that freaky family reunion feeling that gives the sense to many haunters of being ‘home’.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and had I missed this years i would have been kicking myself in the butt. So I for one am glad I made it once again. This was my fifth year attending and i will continue to be there. Just baught a new camera two days ago too so I have a year to get it mastered LOL heheheheh. Lots of buttons to learn Ugggggggggggg. Next year i will be in that fashion show yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Are you always like this?
3,290 Posts
Well, I for one was very disappointed that I couldn't attend to meet fellow haunters and partake in the activities.

I'm definitely attending next year.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
With my fat self? LOL I'm better off sticking to chracter acting. I was, however, wondering how it worked. Inquiry minds want to know.

And I can't wait to see ya there next year, Ms. W :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
I believe the fashion models were asked by the creators to wear their stuff. I am sure if you let the designers know that you would be interested in modeling that they most likely wouldn't turn you down. If you wanted to have some clothing to show off (you are on your own for your models) the best person to contact would be Nez at darkspectre.com

·
Registered
375 Posts
Well Jeff and Morgana {Nez} who sell costumes usually have folks model there things. There are two costumes...more leggy ones than the ladies usually wear...but there are two i told Jeff i liked for next year and he said I could possibly wear them to model. I said if he remembered then i would LOL. But Nez makes her costumes and i think those she makes them for will model for her. Actually not sure exactly how it works except if they are running short they will start asking folks at the Ironstock if they would model this or that .

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Gotcha. Thanks guys. And Wormy, this dirty ol' man will be glad to see youin those leggy costumes! (drool)

35 Posts
The fashion show started several years ago and was very wonderfully handled by Kity. She did a fabulous job. With it being the first year, everyone was nervous of getting involved, and had doubts if it would survive.
My hubby and I jumped on board and helped running errands, getting companies costumes organized ect.
Dennis and I were asked by Kity to model and we gladly accepted to help out.
I was a little nervous, but had modeled in the past and knew I would be okay.
The next year Kity stepped down and Merlin handled all the organizing.
She also did an amazing Job. Dennis and I were asked to model again and gladly accepted. This was the first year that Nez brought costumes to model. And I ended up wearing two of her signiture pieces. Nez and I hit it off amazingly. She was an instant hit.
The next year I missed Ironstock due to a family get together.
And noticed Nez and Damien took over responsibility of the Fashion Show.
This past year Nez one again took the reigns(with the help of Witchypoo)
All efforts were made to make sure Dennis and I were not in the fashion show. We were slightly jaded since we have been a big part of the show since its beginning, and have enjoyed it so much
Jeff approached me at Ironstock and asked me to model his costumes. I was delighted to be asked again and thrilled he laid his trust in me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.