Haunt Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Ghost Maker
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Hey everyone, here is an update showing the hands..

I also found a way to have the void where the head is without the edges of the hood obscuring the body. This was done by trimming the hood..

The result can be seen in a quick video...

More details on my blog. Thanks for looking!

·
Super Moderator
64,091 Posts
The cheesecloth on the hands gives a really good ghostly look, especially under blacklight.

·
Super Moderator
64,091 Posts
Ah, layering - very fashion savvy:)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I love it. Thanks for putting this out there. I would love to incorporate one into my haunt for next year. Keep it up and thanks again for sharing.

·
A Wee Bit Wicked....
8,670 Posts
:jol:So unbelievably awesome that my cat Jinx just accidentally stepped on the keyboard and still typed that.......so incredible....just.....ahhhhhhhhh....

·
Registered
631 Posts
I am stunned. I said 2 years ago that to add anything else to my display, it had to be off the charts on stellar. This is way past that!

I have doubts there is enough cardboard in the world for me to figure out lengths and all for all the pieces but I HAVE to make one of these. Johnny this literally blows me away. I think FCGs are cool but this just makes my jaw drop. I would have never come up with something like this. That movement is just incredible.

Still trying to figure out how I missed this. Wow, love love love this thing!

Wish I had those kind of mechanical skills!

·
Ghost Maker
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
no worries, I will be pulling it out of storage and can provide all the dimensions. The hands actually take longer than anything else, if you use my technique the secret is to keep the knuckles small. about the size of marbles for the biggest knuckles. I will post more details as I get stuff out of storage.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Thank you! If you get an opportunity that would be great.

After watching the bowling pin machine video, repeatedly, I was blown away by how mechanically gifted people can be. Wow! I am not one of those people ha ha!

Since it seems like I'd have better luck finding a unicorn than the motors everyone has used in the past, would this work? http://www.monsterguts.com/store/product.php?productid=17761

I'm also curious what you ended up doing about a lantern? You had indicated you were going to substitute out a lighter model.

Thanks as always!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hi Heresjohnny, hope you see this, it is a really old but still fantastic thread. I'm pulling stuff together to start on this ghost, finally! I remember there being concerns about the motor and everything going on. Did you have any issues with it? I have a couple of the vent motors but if one is sufficient, I'll stay with your design exactly. My mechanical design skills are well... bad ha ha! Can't wait to get this thing built. I started building props the day after Halloween to clear the calendar for this prop and a candelabra for it to hold this year! Hope I have enough time to finish!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts