Haunt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
In Memoriam
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This project was not on my to do list for this year but when I found this old broken up Grandfather Clock I knew what had to be done. It will be installed in the parlor of the haunt along with the piano player and singer.
The door is controlled by a 1 1/16 inch bore, 4 inch throw cylinder and the head movement is provided by a line from the door to the pvc body frame. There is a 5V motor that I've attached to the back of the clock hands to run it backwards.
The entire prop is controlled by a Picaxe chip using one of my prop controller boards. Once the prop is in place and the room set up, I'll decide what to do for some added lighting and/or led eyes.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Love it.

·
Super Moderator
64,295 Posts
That backwards running clock is such a great detail. I've always loved grandfather clocks and this one is definitely special.

·
Muddled Moderator
28,266 Posts
The clock looks great and I love the ghoul in the clock. :)

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Nice case-clock.
How long will that tank of air last running your prop?
How are you triggering this, a pressure pad, a motion sensor, or?
You could probably run an air hose from a remote compressor to run this.
Are you going to hide or cover the works at the bottom?
Where are you mounting/hiding the speakers for this?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Nice case-clock.
How long will that tank of air last running your prop?
How are you triggering this, a pressure pad, a motion sensor, or?
You could probably run an air hose from a remote compressor to run this.
Are you going to hide or cover the works at the bottom?
Where are you mounting/hiding the speakers for this?
In the video he said he was using a motion sensor shown on the bucket... the speakers are at the bottom with the rest of the rig it looks like.

·
In Memoriam
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I use PIR's to trigger most of my props like this one - http://www.efx-tek.com/topics/pir.html
I could use a line from my main compressor but since this is in the house, I'd rather not have the line snaking through. I used one of the 11 gallon tanks last year for my vampire coffin pop up and it had plenty of air to last the night. You can see him here - http://www.hauntforum.com/showthread.php?t=25878
I don't plan on covering the components in the bottom as this prop is set back in a corner and is really just an accent piece to my parlor. I'm planning on leaving the speakers in the bottom as there is a lot going on in the room and it doesn't need to be super loud. If the audio gets lost, I may move the speakers and mount them behind the clock.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts