Haunt Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Thanks for the video and the pictures they were very helpful. I have two questions. First the pulley in the rear does it slide on a tube with the bolt going through the tube? did you have to drill out the roller to fit the tube? the second question is the head movement from side to side. How did you attach the head to the bar and get it to swing from side to side.

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
The pulley rides on a 1/4" metal tube, actually a 2" perf board stand-off with 4-40 threaded ends. Any properly sized tube or bolt, like a 1/4-20, will work. I didn't need to drill out the pulley, but a little WD40 helps keep it moving smoothly. The head is a foam skull with a few inches of 1" ID PVC glued into the neck opening. It rides on a plastic disc (coffee can lid material) that's taped to the vertical aluminum bar. The PVC tube rests on the disc. The head can rotate 360° and will spin around completely when the prop is running, so I attached a large rubber band to the skull and hooked it on a bolt in the vertical bar. This restricts the rotation to about 180°. I know this description is pretty vague, so I'll get more pics of the skull and the neck mounting early next week. The shoulder cross-bar has a single mounting point at the center. The cross-bar is held in place (a bit loosely) with a 8-32 bolt and a nylon insert jam nut. This lets the cross-bar pivot, giving the shoulders a rocking motion as the vertical bar rises and falls.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts