Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting my gravedigger here due to major renovations still needed. After looking at my own video I see a multitude of fix its. I used a dayton 7 RPM motor and the motor mount is way to weak, it bends so I need to replace that, I got a little help bending his acking back a little straighter so that already looks better. I need to fill some extra holes in the hand and don't ask why I have 8 holes in his hands but I do so a little putty and paint should take care of that nicely. And if I drill another hole in the linkage I should be able to get more motion, then to the showroom.

http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/buckaneerbabe/?action=view&current=S7300029.flv

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hey Buckaneer,

That is the exact animated figure I'm trying to build right now. I love the animated hip movement. I was also going to use that exact head, great choice by the way, but I changed it to something a bit more scary. I have the lamp already, I'm just trying to figure out the best way to motorize the hips. Please keep us posted on your progress, I'll be watching this one intently.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bob, No not yet and yes it did. But they should look very familiar to you Bob I used your lazy susan idea and linkages for the basic design.

The head was purchased on e-bay and it came with a motion maker that fit right inside the head. That was before I attached the head to the PVC. I ended up just tying the extra a/c adapter cord to the neck and using fishing line attached to the jaw.

The motor was also purchased on e-bay and I noticed recently that there was another one listed. It was a little pricey but worth it to me to get a tried and true motor that I know how to use and will hold up well. I' ll post some pics after it looks presentable.

Thanks for the complements!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.